Oklahoma Senate panel approves open-carry bill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=336&articleid=20120224_16_A1_OKLAHO408441
Oklahoma Senate panel approves open-carry bill
By BARBARA HOBEROCK World Capitol Bureau
Published: 2/24/2012 2:15 AM
Last Modified: 2/24/2012 7:35 AM

GOES TO THE SENATE FLOOR:

....""It is basically open carry in Oklahoma except this version of open carry you have to have your concealed-carry license, and it is your choice. You can carry concealed. You can carry unconcealed," he said."....

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While it's not a "constitutional-carry" I support this. Since for whatever reason the state doesn't see open carry as a right, maybe this will get us towards that direction.

O

oklacowboy

While it's not a "constitutional-carry" I support this. Since for whatever reason the state doesn't see open carry as a right, maybe this will get us towards that direction.

I agree completly, it's not what we need but it is a step in the right direction.

A

av8r115

If this passes I hope it will mean that when we choose concealed carry it won't be a problem for the gun to occasionally be visible or to print through.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Thank you" to the senators who passed this, but I'm still a skeptic. How many mayors are going to support this and how many are going to actively object? I think the legislature listens to local politicians and the support isn't there at the local political level.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Thank you" to the senators who passed this, but I'm still a skeptic. How many mayors are going to support this and how many are going to actively object? I think the legislature listens to local politicians and the support isn't there at the local political level.

The average mayor in OK has about 10 people on his street any given day of the week.
Lawton, Tulsa, OKC, maybe Stillwater, Enid and Talequah might give a hoot, mayor-wise.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The average mayor in OK has about 10 people on his street any given day of the week.
Lawton, Tulsa, OKC, maybe Stillwater, Enid and Talequah might give a hoot, mayor-wise.

Just thinking out loud, but I think the mayors of these cities likely all oppose open carry and their opinion would be enough to make the legislature back away from the idea. "Professional courtesy: you respect our turf and we will respect yours."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom