Oklahoma State Fair / Concealed Carry Prohibited

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OKC owns the property and has clearly deemed it a park and/or fairground.

A lease doesn't change ownership or the designation, IMHO, therefore the SDA applies and their signs do not have the force of law behind them. I carry at the fair.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personal solution - don't bother going to the fair. Good part: I don't expose my car to theft/vandalism while parked. Bad part: I do like some of the fair food so I miss those. And, there's the "People of the State Fair" on The Lost Ogle website so that makes it almost like being there except for no corn dog.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personal solution - don't bother going to the fair. Good part: I don't expose my car to theft/vandalism while parked. Bad part: I do like some of the fair food so I miss those. And, there's the "People of the State Fair" on The Lost Ogle website so that makes it almost like being there except for no corn dog.

There is a restaurant in Edmond called "The Fair", all they sell is Fair Food and they are open year round. :thumbup3:

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is VERY similar to what happens all the time with municipalities trying to get around state law restrictions buy delcaring this or that city function a "trust". Guthrie doesn't want to get sued for what their power/utility/water treatment does, they put it in a "trust" and then throw their hands up when someone doesn't like their rates or wants to sue. I've got more on this, but I'm in a class right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom