Oklahoma vehicle registration plates.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rr2008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like just a means to increase the cost of plates by $5. Next year we will see if my prediction is accurate, just watch to see if they figure out a way to charge us $5 again for something else for the plates.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ummm.....

i0.kym_cdn.com_photos_images_newsfeed_000_173_576_Wat8.jpg_eb4f87c65b4ac48e05257f90f4ca4560.jpg

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma plates are a total ripoff!

State of Oklahoma law plainly states penalties shall not exceed two years .. yet if you've got a dead old car or motorcycle that has not been on the road for years with say $20 annual plates .. penalties can exceed $100 per year up to two years or $200 ... whereas state law plainly states penalties shall NOT exceed two years, which for a $20 tag should NOT exceed $40 .. NOT $200 which a major chunk goes to the tag office.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma plates are a total ripoff!

State of Oklahoma law plainly states penalties shall not exceed two years .. yet if you've got a dead old car or motorcycle that has not been on the road for years with say $20 annual plates .. penalties can exceed $100 per year up to two years or $200 ... whereas state law plainly states penalties shall NOT exceed two years, which for a $20 tag should NOT exceed $40 .. NOT $200 which a major chunk goes to the tag office.
Find a different tag agent. Sounds like that one needs to read the regulations.
From what I heard on the news today, the new plates will enable LE to easily determine if the registration has expired.
Bar code on it?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Find a different tag agent. Sounds like that one needs to read the regulations.
From what I heard on the news today, the new plates will enable LE to easily determine if the registration has expired.
Bar code on it?

It will just look completely different, that way LE can see who's not up to date by February 2018 I guess. Let's see, one Toyota, one F350, 3 broncos, one f150, one trailer............................

http://kfor.com/2016/08/22/state-officials-unveil-oklahomas-new-license-plate/

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The more I look at it, it looks like a bizarro Twitter logo..............or at least that's what the residents from the other 49 states will think who don't know what a scissortail is lol.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This new plate is ugly, I hope I can keep my old one. If not I guess I might go for a personalized one. But I hate to give the state more money for them to waste.

Latest posts

Top Bottom