Oklahoma vehicle registration plates.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
When I lived in Ks, they had the no-fault insurance. In an accident, your insurance paid for your vehicle no matter who was at fault.
If you didn't pay your premium, they had Kansas Highway Patrol agents look for your vehicle and remove the plate when found. Special unit.
I don't have a clue about how it works there now, but it was very effective at that time. Folks would hide their vehicles, etc, but they would eventually get them.
Did they require you to purchase insurance for a full year all at once?

That was the point of my post.

Whether some like it or not, there are those of us that cannot afford to pay that much at once and it would probably make things worse instead of fixing the issue of people cancelling their insurance after they get their tag.

I'm not saying it is okay to drive without insurance, but there is no reason to put an extra financial burden on the poor by requiring a years worth of insurance be paid all at once.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought it used to be the law that the ins company had to notify the State if you canceled a policy within something like 30 or 90 days of initiation? I dunno... then the State would send you a notice to provide new proof of ins with a different company, or they would suspend your license. Of course, many of the folks driving around with no insurance would also have no qualms with driving on a suspended license, either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom