Old Farts, old guns, and ingenuity.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fubarjohnnyr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had a recent death of a local character who dabbled his whole life in firearms, repairing, building, bluing, and amazing feats of concocting all sorts of mechanical tomfoolery. A pile of unwanted junk was just a parts bin for him, while he was on the way of fabricating a new life out of something broken.

A friend showed this to me today, story goes the old man used it for putting down fryer rabbits. An old S&W 4th model .32 caliber, with the cylinder gone. He fabri-cobbled a section of .22lr barrel onto the top of the cylinder base pin. Spent case ejector even works. Trigger looked to be altered as well. Well played sir.

IMG_20190927_140131.jpg
IMG_20190927_140203.jpg

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of us, When we need to do what we "gotta do", we do what we gotta do. Sometimes we even do it because we have that feel inside "we can," then we gotta do what we gotta do to see if we can do what ever the hell we want to do. Ya know? Stand back and hold my beer.

Looks like a nifty modification to me. More inginuity and effort than when I stuffed a 327 into a 56 chevy. haha

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had a recent death of a local character who dabbled his whole life in firearms, repairing, building, bluing, and amazing feats of concocting all sorts of mechanical tomfoolery. A pile of unwanted junk was just a parts bin for him, while he was on the way of fabricating a new life out of something broken.

A friend showed this to me today, story goes the old man used it for putting down fryer rabbits. An old S&W 4th model .32 caliber, with the cylinder gone. He fabri-cobbled a section of .22lr barrel onto the top of the cylinder base pin. Spent case ejector even works. Trigger looked to be altered as well. Well played sir.

View attachment 143718 View attachment 143719
That is a pretty cool conversion that the old man did. I wonder if he got his inspiration from the old 455 Wet Willie’s. They had a 22 conversion that was similar to that where it was a single shot. Definitely pretty ingenious

Latest posts

Top Bottom