Old school vs New school

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i know more about this particular subject, ccw fast draw and hand to hand attack, than almost anyone in the world, homeboy. How about you show us how much YOU know, and therefore, HOW 'little' I know. :-) If you CAN, that is. If you can put something where your mouth is.

You know more than anybody in the world? Really? Lol! You realize this implies you know every gun guy in the world, and can claim to know more than they do.

Mall ninja and a d bag.

I shoot all new stuff, but I have been looking to get something old. Glocks are great, but they get kinda boring to shoot. My dad has lots a antique firearms, I need to talk him into taking them out.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it would be safe to say that modern cars are more reliable than a '57 Bel Air though it is undoubtedly an American icon.

I'm not necessarily defending the Colt SAA but they were developed 140 years ago and a large number of firearms enthusiasts would jump at the chance to have one if the deal was right.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
look, pard, just cause YOU can't do it, does not mean that it can't be done by skilled people. It also doesn't mean that it aint necessary for self defense, either!. Just ask George Zimmerman how fast somebody can be all over you, even without a knife or club. :-) If you want to know how fast it's possible to draw and hit, google for Jerry Miculer, the Steel Challenge, Western Fast Draw or, Brian Enos's forum, and some of those times, are from hands at surrender start position, or from 'hands hanging naturally at sides". Those times can be in the low .60 second, to react to the timer, draw and hit the chest at 7 yds. I'm talking, above, about 10 ft of distance, which means you can shave a little off of the time, and I ALSO said, starting "hand ON the gun", in a pants pocket holster. Now, don't you "think" that not having to grab the gun saves you a bit of that draw time? :-)

The record, for hand "hovering" over the gun butt, to react to the beep of timer, draw an SA revolver (silly open wear cowboy rig) and hit a silohuetter, at 5 yds, with a primer powered wax bullet, is sub .50 second. blanks, just making noise, is sub .30 second. NOT touching the gun, dude, and having to cock the hammer. What they do is grab the gun, pull the trigger as they draw, and then fan the hammer as the gun clears the rig. in order to set a record in Fast Draw, you have to get within .03 second of that "record" draw, within the next 3 tries, or they say that you "jumped" the timer, thus saving some or all of your .20 second reaction time.

with hand in pocket, I can average under 3/4 second to react to the beep, draw from the pocket rig, get both hands on the gun and get it to a shoulder - level point at full arm extension, no problem. Anybody can, who will work at it. Bruce lee could throw a punch, to full extension at face height, from the "cocked" position, at his hip, in .05 second. It takes me .12 second :-) But once the gun comes out of the pockt, it takes only .20 second or less to get it to "weaver". To react to the beep, draw and fire one handed takes a bit under .60 second. Because this is LIVE ammo. So there has to be a hair of hesitation before pulling that trigger all the way back.

Bill jordan, in his book, NO SECOND PLACE WINNER, claimed a reaction, draw and hit, using a DA .38 revolver, on a silohuette at 5 yds, from an open wear rig, with wax ammo, hands at sides start position, in .27 second, but he was said to have a reaction time of .09 second. Ed McGivern claimed a reaction time of .06 second. In photos for the book, Jordan claimed to have demonstrated a .33 second draw and hit. So you are WAY off in what you "think" is "ninja". You are a disresectful and insulting individual.

i know more about this particular subject, ccw fast draw and hand to hand attack, than almost anyone in the world, homeboy. How about you show us how much YOU know, and therefore, HOW 'little' I know. :-) If you CAN, that is. If you can put something where your mouth is.

I don't know if I'm the only one, but is there anyone else here that would like to see verifiable video of pistolguy's abilities? I know a few veterans and active military that just might be interested in how well the "forum ninja" does. I'm sure they could give me an excellent critique of pistolguy's form, technique, and effectiveness.

Until then, I'll spend some more time over at the 45th Infantry Museum admiring the great "old school" weapons and paying my respects to the memories of a few CMH awardees.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm the only one, but is there anyone else here that would like to see verifiable video of pistolguy's abilities? I know a few veterans and active military that Ijust might be interested in how well the "forum ninja" does. I'm sure they could give me an excellent critique of pistolguy's form, technique, and effectiveness.

Until then, I'll spend some more time over at the 45th Infantry Museum admiring the great "old school" weapons and paying my respects to the memories of a few CMH awardees.
In one thread his "girl" is a felon in this thread she carries a cm9. It would appear gunkid is out of prison

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
with hand in pocket, I can average under 3/4 second to react to the beep, draw from the pocket rig, get both hands on the gun and get it to a shoulder - level point at full arm extension, no problem. Anybody can, who will work at it. Bruce lee could throw a punch, to full extension at face height, from the "cocked" position, at his hip, in .05 second. It takes me .12 second :-) But once the gun comes out of the pockt, it takes only .20 second or less to get it to "weaver". To react to the beep, draw and fire one handed takes a bit under .60 second. Because this is LIVE ammo. So there has to be a hair of hesitation before pulling that trigger all the way back.*

Back off everyone this guy is legit. I pretty sure he trained Bruce Lee and is Redneck186 long lost father.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here, just one pistol is kept at hand, the Keltec PF 9, with the Twisted Industries .22lr conversion unit. My girl uses a Kahr CM9. The AR and the 1911 are kept in the storage locker, minus the bolt of the AR, and the firing pin and hammer of the 1911. Both have .22lr conversion units. Typical theives won't have a clue how to make the assemblies go bang. :-)

Sorry to disillusion you, but the old Colt SAA broke down a lot, due to the tiny leaf springs being used in the mechanism. That weakness is what made Ruger SA revolvers sell so well, and made Colt drop the SA about WW2 time, and only brought it back, after many years, as a "custom shop" option.

Your girl uses a cm9?? Did you forget your "my girl is a felon thread"? Now you are being cute and bragging about breaking the law. You should know this mall ninja.

Latest posts

Top Bottom