Olympic Arms AR in 30 carbine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a couple pics of the modifications. There is a mag insert and the upper receiver has been milled to clear it. The mag release has been modded to release from the back of the mag.The bolt face is slightly smaller than a 223 bolt. The BCG is stamped with a peace sign which is cool. and of course a 30 cal barrel

[URL=http://s977.photobucket.com/user/dlbleak/media/P1010685_zpsyj555glc.jpg.html]
i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae253_dlbleak_P1010683_zpspo6quajg.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i would bet that it does nicely. however, this is the p.c.r.(politically correct rifle) from olympic and the barrel is not threaded. bummer...

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How well does a .30 carbine suppress?
Not so great. With the light 110 grain bullet the main thing .30 carbine has going for it is velocity. If you keep the velocity you're still going to get a significant supersonic crack. If you try to drop it to subsonic velocities to suppress really well you may not even cycle the action.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Not so great. With the light 110 grain bullet the main thing .30 carbine has going for it is velocity. If you keep the velocity you're still going to get a significant supersonic crack. If you try to drop it to subsonic velocities to suppress really well you may not even cycle the action.

Thanks, I wondered if it was a troublesome one to run through an AR suppressed.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
possibly going to let this one go but i have no idea what it's worth. there are no comps to go by.

Latest posts

Top Bottom