On the Necessity of Resistance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In addition to Mike's post, I would add this.

When a mass murderer goes on a rampage, nearly anything at hand becomes a weapon. A coffe mug, a stapler, phone, drinks, keys, pocket change, literally anything. Even a handful of papers or some clothing thrown into the assailants face as a diversionary method to buy time for the counterassault. Within a very short period of time, marshall as many allies in your makeshift defensive line as possible. Have them arm themselves and as soon as the threat appears, strike.

When you attack, attack with every fiber of your being. Strike with your entire body and attack multiple points simultaneously, using hands, feet, legs, head, etc. Do not stop until the attacker is dead and lifeless. Nothing short of a bullet that severs the central nervous system will absolutely stop a person in mid-stride. What usually causes incapacitation is the person's mind saying "Oh my God, I've been shot!". If you take a hit, keep fighting. What should dominate your mind is not "I'm going to die", but rather "I'm going to destroy this evil SOB!"

The average human animal is trapped underneath layers of social conditioning that repress the survival mechanism. We are taught to never harm another person from early childhood. Yet inside each of us is the capacity to break free from those restraints. If you can overcome the conditioning and accept that deep within you lies the capability to be savage, you may save your life or those of your loved ones. Without it, you are but a lamb to the slaughter.

Jerry Biggs

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Next, if you haven't already read both and shame on you if you haven't:) , pick up a copy of Jeff Cooper's Principles of Personal Defense and also read his essays Hold! Enough! and The Combat Mind-Set. Both of the essays are in To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak The Truth.

If you have read both of these, read Dead or Alive by Geoff Thompson.

If you've read all three, let me know and I'll post another with direct relevence to this topic.

Michael Brown

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
are those books? or magazines? If i go to check them out/ buy them, I might need that

now everyone else can feel better... i asked the stupid question!

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have read the first two, but not the third. I will make a note to get one ordered. Haven't even heard of it.

Its not very well known but Geoff Thompson is one of the best personal protection instructors in the business.

He's one of a tiny handful of quality instructors who's had enough fights and dealt with enough interpersonal violence to be statistically significant.

What makes it most intersting is that Thompson is clearly in the avoidance business but his job necessitated a large number of violent contacts.

His other book Watch My Back is a true classic but not quite as applicable to most folks unless you're making a serious study of personal violence.

When you read his self-deprecating style, you can really appreciate how tough he is.

Michael Brown

7point82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are books.

They are available from Amazon or Paladin Press.

Michael Brown

MB,

I was online buying the Geoff Thompson book you recommended and I found a book called Tactical Pistol: Advanced Gunfighting Concepts And Techniques by Gabe Suarez w/forward by Jeff Cooper. What's your $.02 on this one or have you read it?

Thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom