One-buck proposal for the combined muzzleloader and gun seasons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm against this and would like to know why , is it just to be like Kansass ? However I'm all for an Earn a Buck program. I too am tired of "trophy hunter"
and hearing " I would'nt shoot that buck" my response is " I don't mind gutting deer " or " my wife likes deer meat " .

Kansas is one buck period no earn a buck and no chance at a second.
That being said.... Lots of deer, big bucks everywhere! Who wouldn't want to be like Kansas? Ain't no AR there or law agains killing a spike or fork and horn. You just get one though.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
its real simple should be only one buck for the season but each season should be either sex you kill that buck early bow,then its just doe hunting the rest of season,or you kill a doe early bow,you still have a buck tag to fill.thing is trophy hunters just having one buck tag will be a little more picky about the deer they shoot and people who are not just as soon have a doe for meat,so if we took 1 buck and 3 does through deer seasons in about 5 years we would have alot of monster bucks and the buck to doe ratio would be great i can dream right

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i checked in a buck on Sunday at dark. I noticed at the check station that all the deer checked that day were ALL fawn, and most of them were male. I hate seeing this. Shooting a fawn is one thing, but i hate seeing that most of them didnt even get the chance to grow a set of antlers at all. What do you ger out of a fawn 10 lbs of meat at the most?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
They probably died as a result of it being the last day, and it was a deer. Brown it's down without looking to check the specifics of what the deer actually was.

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why do men love boobs? We just do. Seriously though, I have passed on a 6 and 8 ptr during this years gun season (Big 7 ptr last year), because I knew there was a good chance I'd see those same deer BIGGER next year.

Pretty much anything less than P&Y lives another day when I am around, unless it is a funky rack.

Why is it more satisfying to shoot a small young buck than it is a doe?

Latest posts

Top Bottom