One more try at posting targets Ada 4/23/17

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It may be tricky trying to find what works for your gun using factory ammo. I wouldnt spend a whole lot of money on different ammo until I got my barrel broke in and clean but thats a whole redhead vs blond type thing.
She's broke in pretty well. Have cleaned and shot and cleaned several times. Have put about 120 rounds through it so far.
Just love the gun. Going to stick with 100 yards until (suggested by other member) I'm almost bored with it (will never happen, me getting bored shooting). I think until I've got everything where it should be (trigger/mechanics) I'll keep shooting at 100. Then move out to 200, until I'm putting up very good groups at that distance.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any suggestions to brand and grain? Shot the 120 today but have shot the 140 (Both Hornady) with good results from both. I think the 140 might be better, but that makes no sense right?

140 Amax or the American Eagle OTM would have better BC for sure. And every barrel is diff, some like lighter loads some heavy. I'd def go heavy first just due to BC.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just depends on what your twist and barrel wants.
That's what I need to figure out. Going to try and find some of the AMAX or Fed in 140 and some Hornady 140. I have a couple of boxes of the Hornady 120 so a comparison with the H 140 will be first on the list. Then a test between the H and AMAX/Fed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom