One Year With the Glock 43

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As of yesterday, I have had my Glock 43 one year now. I did put in a Ghost Edge Connector and a fiber optic front sight. The pistol goes with me to the range every single time; I probably have close to a 1,000 rounds through it; all trouble free. I shoot this little gun as well as my Gen 4 Glock 19, and my 1911 Commander. The thing is small, light, easy to work, handles well, conceals admirably, is 100% reliable, and has everything I need in a CCW pistol. I had tried the Kahrs, the Shield, an LC9...but nothing works as well for me as this Glock 43. I got it blue label (Retired USMC) from GT Distributors for $358 and a $10 transfer through Sooner State Pawn. I still carry my 1911, my G19, my J-Frame even, but that little G43 seems to be strapped on about 90% of the time. I'm totally happy with it, it's absolutely a fine pistol. Sure, sure...lots of you guys like the Shield, a PPS, whatever...and that's all well and good. But I believe that the G43 is Glock's finest CCW pistol made for the civilian market. I'm gonna keep this one; and maybe even buy a second one just to have around. Cheers all.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the nice things about the pistol I failed to mention above is that Glock made the grip just right (for me anyway and I'm betting that a lot more people like it too) so that the trigger reach is in the right place; not like a lot of other little mini-pistols. My trigger finger falls right where it needs to be with this G43.

Last edited:

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Joel, I will agree with you on every point you made. While I still have a soft spot for the Kahr PM/CM 9 just because it is just a little bit smaller and lighter the Glock 43 is an awesome firearm. It's good to go in my book.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought myself one for a birthday present. So far, I've only got about 150 rounds through it. I just installed a Vickers extended slide stop, bought some Pearce +1 magazine extensions and more magazines on order.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Joel, I will agree with you on every point you made. While I still have a soft spot for the Kahr PM/CM 9 just because it is just a little bit smaller and lighter the Glock 43 is an awesome firearm. It's good to go in my book.

You know, those Kahrs are very good firearms; very good indeed. Just not for me. I tried and tried to learn that Kahr trigger; guess it just wasn't meant to be.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As of yesterday, I have had my Glock 43 one year now. I did put in a Ghost Edge Connector and a fiber optic front sight. The pistol goes with me to the range every single time; I probably have close to a 1,000 rounds through it; all trouble free. I shoot this little gun as well as my Gen 4 Glock 19, and my 1911 Commander. The thing is small, light, easy to work, handles well, conceals admirably, is 100% reliable, and has everything I need in a CCW pistol. I had tried the Kahrs, the Shield, an LC9...but nothing works as well for me as this Glock 43. I got it blue label (Retired USMC) from GT Distributors for $358 and a $10 transfer through Sooner State Pawn. I still carry my 1911, my G19, my J-Frame even, but that little G43 seems to be strapped on about 90% of the time. I'm totally happy with it, it's absolutely a fine pistol. Sure, sure...lots of you guys like the Shield, a PPS, whatever...and that's all well and good. But I believe that the G43 is Glock's finest CCW pistol made for the civilian market. I'm gonna keep this one; and maybe even buy a second one just to have around. Cheers all.

since Glocks have no safeties and in no way safe to drop bare Glock 43 into say your pants pocket .. how are you tolerating having to carry a hard shell holster all the time for CCW???

to me a CCW has to be handy enough to drop bare into any pocket and be safe without a holster. don't get wrong my 340PD lives in a minimalist leather holster, but it's perfectly safe to drop into any pocket at a moments notice.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm, wanted to check out this new feature of uploading pics from the iPhone or the Pic folder on PC rather than having to screw with Photobucket. Pretty cool! This is my new Kramer IWB Horsehide Holster for my G43. I like Kramers because they use a Chicago Screw to adjust the loops from 1 1/4' up to like 1 3/4" for different belts. They are also well made rigs. I have the same Kramer holster for a 1911 Commander; here's a pic of it too just cause. So this new photo upload thing seems to be working pretty good. Easier by far. Funny though, they are both Cordovan, with Black loops, and they look pretty much the same for real, but I guess the two different backgrounds make the G43 one look almost totally black. I may go take a new pic on the same background as the 1911 and see how that looks.

Attachments

• kramer g43.JPG
    kramer g43.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_2340.JPG
    IMG_2340.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom