One Year With the Glock 43

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a bunch of old stuff I kinda need to burn up
Did you try any hollow points? Any struggles with hollow points through the G43?

Yes, I have put several different kinds of various HP ammo through it. I had quite a bit of older HP ammo I decided to burn up and all so I could load some fresh ammo in my carry guns. In fact, I ordered a batch of 250 of the "training hollowpoints" from Freedom Munitions to shoot through it; not a problem with any thing I've shot, and I really can't imagine there being one, to be honest. I have been shooting Glocks since like the mid-nineties and never had an issue with any kind of HP round anyway. Have you?

Last edited:

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
since Glocks have no safeties and in no way safe to drop bare Glock 43 into say your pants pocket .. how are you tolerating having to carry a hard shell holster all the time for CCW???

to me a CCW has to be handy enough to drop bare into any pocket and be safe without a holster. don't get wrong my 340PD lives in a minimalist leather holster, but it's perfectly safe to drop into any pocket at a moments notice.

I don't pocket carry my G43; I have IWB and OWB holsters for it. But, I wouldn't worry about it with a decent leather pocket holster that protects the trigger. I do sometimes pocket a J-frame, in a good pocket holster too, but that's about as much as I want in a pocket, of the guns I have.

Last edited:

Mkokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked my 43 up about a month ago, absolutely love this pistol, picked up some vickers +2 for the mags, fit my grip great and I get 8 rounds, dropped in the ghost edge connector and changed the sights to some trijicon HD's, this pistol goes with me everywhere

Mkokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And speaking of the pocket carry, I picked up a clip draw and the piece that snaps in and covers the trigger to keep from any AD's, I've felt comfortable with it so far

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There you go. The Kramer holster for the G43 is a little darker Cordovan than the Kramer holster for the Commander...not much, but a bit. Different Dye lots I guess. Here's another Cordovan with black; a Milt Sparks SS II in horsehide for my G19, then a Nightingale Leather OWB also for a Commander. I guess I just like Cordovan holsters with black accents...

Attachments

• Sparks G19.jpg
    Sparks G19.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 268
  • Nightingale 1911.jpg
    Nightingale 1911.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:

tou860

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a bunch of old stuff I kinda need to burn up

Yes, I have put several different kinds of various HP ammo through it. I had quite a bit of older HP ammo I decided to burn up and all so I could load some fresh ammo in my carry guns. In fact, I ordered a batch of 250 of the "training hollowpoints" from Freedom Munitions to shoot through it; not a problem with any thing I've shot, and I really can't imagine there being one, to be honest. I have been shooting Glocks since like the mid-nineties and never had an issue with any kind of HP round anyway. Have you?

I am in the market for a G43 thank you for the info, I currently have a G26 and wanting something a little smaller for the wife and I. I've different JHP through my G26 no hiccups only issue I had was with Winchester Whitebox FMJ sometimes.

DavidWOwens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome review. I too am going to have to get one. I love my gen 4 26, 17, & 34. Might as well get a 43 and eventually a 19 to round out the collection of Glock 9 mm series

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am in the market for a G43 thank you for the info, I currently have a G26 and wanting something a little smaller for the wife and I. I've different JHP through my G26 no hiccups only issue I had was with Winchester Whitebox FMJ sometimes.

You're welcome. You know, I have had problems with Winchester Whitebox FMJ myself in the past, in a Kahr and my old S&W Shield as I recall. I think their quality control is lousy; had a few weak loads, few Failures to Extract/Eject. It's like they just throw the junk together and sell it to us. I avoid it any more in any caliber.

DavidWOwens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're welcome. You know, I have had problems with Winchester Whitebox FMJ myself in the past, in a Kahr and my old S&W Shield as I recall. I think their quality control is lousy; had a few weak loads, few Failures to Extract/Eject. It's like they just throw the junk together and sell it to us. I avoid it any more in any caliber.

I won't buy their ammo either.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Winchester white box ammo is typically very low velocity. In the shooting competition world, some of it won't make major scoring. Velocity too low.
Strong recoil springs will produce some FTE's and some stovepipes. If your gun will run it, its great practice ammo. Most of us that shoot comps have lighter recoil springs to help with the power factor of hand loads.
For the Record, the WW white box 52 grain 22-250 ammo will shoot groups you can cover with a dime at 100 and a nickel at 200. Amazing.
'My wife got her first carry gun last year. Sig P938, but I wanted her to get the Glock 43 because of the absence of the thumb safety. To me with a shooter that is not at the range weekly, that thumb safety is a hindrance. They will forget in moments of stress to take the safety off.
She was adamant on the Sig, although now she is having issues with the Hogue overmoulded grips. I have a set of standard grips on the way for her to try. Small hands.

Latest posts

Top Bottom