One Year With the Glock 43

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently decided to switch to the G43 from a CM9 too for my pocket pistol. I sold the CM9 this Saturday at Wannenmacher's and ordered a 43 from grabagun when I got home... everybody at the show wanted more than you could get them for online. I unfortunately get no special snowflake deals being a white adult male with a productive private sector job, so I paid $455.

The Kahr was probably the best thing on the market for my role back when I bought it, but it had a few foibles that made it worth eating over $100 on the swap to go to the Glock.

Mkokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently decided to switch to the G43 from a CM9 too for my pocket pistol. I sold the CM9 this Saturday at Wannenmacher's and ordered a 43 from grabagun when I got home... everybody at the show wanted more than you could get them for online. I unfortunately get no special snowflake deals being a white adult male with a productive private sector job, so I paid $455.

The Kahr was probably the best thing on the market for my role back when I bought it, but it had a few foibles that made it worth eating over $100 on the swap to go to the Glock.

$455 is not terrible, a lot of us on here including me don't get any special deals, you'll have a transfer fee more than likely but you'll still be ahead considering I shopped for mine and found it for $457+ plus tax, I'd be willing to bet tax was more than the transfer fee will be, but hope you enjoy it

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

No "special snowflake deals" for you? That's just horrible! That makes me feel kind of bad now when I go to someplace that gives me a Mil Discount ... I may see about changing my screen name to Snowflake.

tou860

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're welcome. You know, I have had problems with Winchester Whitebox FMJ myself in the past, in a Kahr and my old S&W Shield as I recall. I think their quality control is lousy; had a few weak loads, few Failures to Extract/Eject. It's like they just throw the junk together and sell it to us. I avoid it any more in any caliber.

I completely agree I tried several other FMJ and even remanufactured such as Freedom Munitions and Armscorp and not had an issue with my G26, I wil be looking forward to one day adding the G43 to my collection.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those of you who got the Ghost connector for your G43, how much of an improvement do you see over the stock trigger? Say, compared to a LC9s? I dry-fired stock examples of both back to back, and thought the Ruger's trigger was WAY better.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those of you who got the Ghost connector for your G43, how much of an improvement do you see over the stock trigger? Say, compared to a LC9s? I dry-fired stock examples of both back to back, and thought the Ruger's trigger was WAY better.

Mine is greatly improved after putting in the Ghost Edge Connector. Triggers are somewhat subjective though, I like the trigger on both my G43 and G19; sure it's different than the SA trigger on a 1911, but I don't think it's a big deal. I haven't shot the LC9s so I cant really say how it compares to the Glock trigger. One thing for certain; I sure like it better than the Kahr. That long-as-a-hard-day-work trigger pull on that thing wears me out.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to say this. After shooting Joel's 43, the crow I had to eat was horrible. I have never been a Glock fan, ever. Never said they were junk, just that they were not for me. After shooting Joel's, I think the 43 is for me. There I said it, Hell can now freeze over and Pigs can fly.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my 43 in yesterday. I haven't shot it yet, but man, this blows the Kahr away in every possible way except for being just a bit longer. Well worth the $130 hit I took in trading up. I hope to get to the range with it sometime this week.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to say this. After shooting Joel's 43, the crow I had to eat was horrible. I have never been a Glock fan, ever. Never said they were junk, just that they were not for me. After shooting Joel's, I think the 43 is for me. There I said it, Hell can now freeze over and Pigs can fly.

I was shocked when Jimmy said he wanted a G43 after shooting mine. Even with his shaky old hands, he was able to hit the target almost every time with it! Well...he was somewhere on paper anyway...Imma get this old geezer to be a Glock Fan Boy yet! Next thing you know, he'll be sporting a GSSF hat!

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got my 43 in yesterday. I haven't shot it yet, but man, this blows the Kahr away in every possible way except for being just a bit longer. Well worth the $130 hit I took in trading up. I hope to get to the range with it sometime this week.

Well excellent! I hope it performs as well for you as it does for me, (and Jimmy, aka Glock43man). Sure, it's a little longer; I don't pocket carry mine, but some folks do. It sure rides well IWB though. The real proof is going to be what you think of it after you put some rounds through it. Let us know!

Latest posts

Top Bottom