One Year With the Glock 43

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalejbrass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Loving my G43 Talo with +2 Taran Tactical bases and ghost connector. I didn't weigh it, but I would guess my factory trigger pull was in the 9 lbs range....it was terrible. After Ghost install, I'd say it's around 6 lbs. I'd still like it a little less, but much improved nonetheless.

Can't speak how it compares to a LC9, as this is a gun I've never handled or even considered. I like it much better compared to my Kahr CM9 trigger.

Dalejbrass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Loving my G43 Talo with +2 Taran Tactical bases and ghost connector. I didn't weigh it, but I would guess my factory trigger pull was in the 9 lbs range....it was terrible. After Ghost install, I'd say it's around 6 lbs. I'd still like it a little less, but much improved nonetheless.

Can't speak how it compares to a LC9, as this is a gun I've never handled or even considered. I like it much better compared to my Kahr CM9 trigger.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am so ashamed of myself, my Son won't talk to me, I can't even show my face in public any longer(No wise Ass remarks on my looks)LOL
I blame all this on Joel, he led me astray, he can't be trusted.

Last edited by a moderator:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am so ashamed of myself, my Son won't talk to me, I can't even show my face in public any longer(No wise A@# remarks on my looks)LOL
I blame all this on Joel, he led me astray, he can't be trusted.

Hell, if I was anywhere near as ugly as you, I wouldn't go out in daylight either. Scares the children. But dang, sure is good to see you finally realizing there is something worth having than just 1911s. And now you know; I would never lead you astray, Gasshoppa.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 43 and love it. I tried to get my wife to get one but for some reason she wouldn't. She has been dead set on having a .380. Yesterday I finally convinced her to get a 9mm. So I got her a shield today. I actually love the thing. Fits my hand better than my glock. And I like the trigger. I also like the looks of it better. But looks don't matter. I have always been a glock guy. I can't wait to shoot it and see how it compares to my 43. In response to a Question earlier about shooting HP's through a 43, I have fired over 100 federal hi shoks, 147gr. ( I spoke to a ballistician at federal about the 9ms load and he said it was a great sd round. He said it is basically the same as the newer hst loads but with a little different bullet design.) it is very good ammo. Didn't have one hiccup. Recoil was more but still not terrible. I was surprised by how accurate I was able to be with my 43. I wasn't the greatest with my 19. I have a ghost connector which makes the trigger great. I have the talo edition but I think I am gonna ditch the sights and get some tfo's. That's what I had on my 26 and I was very happy with them. I don't see this pistol ever giving me any problems. Like all my other Glocks. If you haven't gotten one I would suggest looking into it.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 43 and love it. I tried to get my wife to get one but for some reason she wouldn't. She has been dead set on having a .380. Yesterday I finally convinced her to get a 9mm. So I got her a shield today. I actually love the thing. Fits my hand better than my glock. And I like the trigger. I also like the looks of it better. But looks don't matter. I have always been a glock guy. I can't wait to shoot it and see how it compares to my 43. In response to a Question earlier about shooting HP's through a 43, I have fired over 100 federal hi shoks, 147gr. ( I spoke to a ballistician at federal about the 9ms load and he said it was a great sd round. He said it is basically the same as the newer hst loads but with a little different bullet design.) it is very good ammo. Didn't have one hiccup. Recoil was more but still not terrible. I was surprised by how accurate I was able to be with my 43. I wasn't the greatest with my 19. I have a ghost connector which makes the trigger great. I have the talo edition but I think I am gonna ditch the sights and get some tfo's. That's what I had on my 26 and I was very happy with them. I don't see this pistol ever giving me any problems. Like all my other Glocks. If you haven't gotten one I would suggest looking into it.
Update: I got rid of my glock yesterday and got a shield for myself. Now me and the wife carry the same thing. I love the shield. It is a very nice pistol. The 43 is still a great little pistol but I like the shield better. Fits in my hand almost perfectly. And after adding talon grips to it made it that much better. Added me a set of tfo's. I am happy with it. Like I said in another thread, I don't think you can go wrong with either one of them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom