One Year With the Glock 43

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mkokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As of yesterday, I have had my Glock 43 one year now. I did put in a Ghost Edge Connector and a fiber optic front sight. The pistol goes with me to the range every single time; I probably have close to a 1,000 rounds through it; all trouble free. I shoot this little gun as well as my Gen 4 Glock 19, and my 1911 Commander. The thing is small, light, easy to work, handles well, conceals admirably, is 100% reliable, and has everything I need in a CCW pistol. I had tried the Kahrs, the Shield, an LC9...but nothing works as well for me as this Glock 43. I got it blue label (Retired USMC) from GT Distributors for $358 and a $10 transfer through Sooner State Pawn. I still carry my 1911, my G19, my J-Frame even, but that little G43 seems to be strapped on about 90% of the time. I'm totally happy with it, it's absolutely a fine pistol. Sure, sure...lots of you guys like the Shield, a PPS, whatever...and that's all well and good. But I believe that the G43 is Glock's finest CCW pistol made for the civilian market. I'm gonna keep this one; and maybe even buy a second one just to have around. Cheers all.

I'm with you on buying a second just cause

audiophile

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
since Glocks have no safeties and in no way safe to drop bare Glock 43 into say your pants pocket .. how are you tolerating having to carry a hard shell holster all the time for CCW???

to me a CCW has to be handy enough to drop bare into any pocket and be safe without a holster. don't get wrong my 340PD lives in a minimalist leather holster, but it's perfectly safe to drop into any pocket at a moments notice.
What do you mean Glocks have no safeties? All Glocks are equipped with 3 safety systems in place, hence the name "safe Action pistols". I have carried the 42 (essentially the same pistol but .380) in my front pocket many times with no holster. Even forgot it was there once. If it wasn't for the fact that the pistol belongs to my daughter I would prob carry it the majority of the time I am in shorts. Would love to get me a 43 just for this purpose. Currently my primary carry is a 27 in a Little Foxx IWB or a Bianchi OWB.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got some rounds downrange over the last weekend with my G43. I shoot it about as accurately as my 17, but I am slower on the follow-up shot due to the greater muzzle flip from its light weight, and the more limited grip. Definitely an improvement over the splits with the Kahr and its super long travel though.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok I'm in the club. Found a Talo edition with night sights, 2 7 round mags with pinky extensions, metal back plate, and a poket holster!

I won't use the pocket holster, so if someone wants to trade an IWB holster or give $20 bucks let me know. I believe it would go in the left pocket (unless you can't heat and re-bend kydex?)

Latest posts

Top Bottom