One Year With the Glock 43

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got some rounds downrange over the last weekend with my G43. I shoot it about as accurately as my 17, but I am slower on the follow-up shot due to the greater muzzle flip from its light weight, and the more limited grip. Definitely an improvement over the splits with the Kahr and its super long travel though.

Hensch, I added the Talon rubber grip texture and it has helped greatly with grip. I'll be adding the Talon rubber to my P-09 for R&Gs also.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok I'm in the club. Found a Talo edition with night sights, 2 7 round mags with pinky extensions, metal back plate, and a poket holster!

I won't use the pocket holster, so if someone wants to trade an IWB holster or give $20 bucks let me know. I believe it would go in the left pocket (unless you can't heat and re-bend kydex?)

Is the side of the holster facing away from the camera flat? If so, then I think it might be a right-hand pocket holster, as the flat side would make it appear more like a wallet.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Alright! You are now one of the Cool Kids. Of course, the proof is in the range report. I don't pocket carry mine either. I have a Kramer IWB in Horsehide for it, a RM Lowrider Kydex IWB, A SHTF Gear IWB, a Tueller Leather pancake OWB, and am having a custom pancake rig and mag pouch in faux alligator made for the pistol too. Crap...5 holsters for 1 pistol...guess I went a little overboard maybe....I never use the SHTF holster, it is very comfortable, but I just like the easy on and off of the RM Lowrider so I use that almost all the time now. I don't know what gets into me sometimes as far as holsters. I have 4 holsters for my 1911, and 4 for my Glock 19, and 3 for my J-Frame, etc etc.

If you want the SHTF for the 43, I'll sell it to you for cheap. I paid $59 plus shipping. PM if interested.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hensch, I added the Talon rubber grip texture and it has helped greatly with grip. I'll be adding the Talon rubber to my P-09 for R&Gs also.

Huh. I just grip mine like a man and I have no trouble with mine...and yes, I'm talking about the pistol.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took the 43 to the range today and put 50 rounds through it. It had never been shot. Shot at 7 yards and the first shot hit dead center...I must have flinched. Because after that I consistently hit high left. 10 yards my group stayed about the same ~ 4".

I shot 5 of my pistols today and I have to say I was very impressed with my shiny Colt officers acp. I grouped about 2" at 10 yards. I know alot of people that can do a whole lot better than that but I haven't shot in a long time!

I did gets cool pic of my 12 year old shooting the G19!

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's awesome! My grandson, 13, is coming up to stay for awhile from Frisco TX here soon. Every time they come, I take him shooting, the kid loves it!

Latest posts

Top Bottom