Only one Semi-auto

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to agree with the 1911 fans on this one. I wish they were made in every caliber. They are a great gun and the only one that fits us folks with small hands. Also, I never could get used to something made out of plastic that goes bang. Just a older feller stuck in his old ways.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From a sheer practicality stand point a G23/27 with .357 and 9mm barrels. From a "Boy do I love holding, shooting, owning, looking at, fondling, fits my hand perfectly" stand point...Hi-Power all the way. This from a looonng time 1911 fan. Just got into Hi-Powers a couple years ago. Can't believe I've over looked this absolute gem all these years.

IDP4570, where did those grips come from? Holy Mother of Pearl!!! They look great!

ruger461

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My old chunky, ugly, but utterly dependable Ruger P89. It wont win any beauty contests but I dare someone to make it jam, or break, or anything else its not soposed to. Its a NATO caliber so I can take ammo from the enemy. If I can't clean it for a few years or few thousand rounds its ok. and with the mags it came with back in 1991 it seems like thats how many it holds.

ruger461

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to agree with the 1911 fans on this one. I wish they were made in every caliber. They are a great gun and the only one that fits us folks with small hands. Also, I never could get used to something made out of plastic that goes bang. Just a older feller stuck in his old ways.

+1 on it fitting us guys with the smaller hands. Nothing feels like my 1911 C-Bob

358norma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last one left if I needed to clean out the safe would be the Sig 220. Load it up and pull the trigger, she goes bang every time with anything I've ever put in it. Great gun in a great caliber. #2 would be a 1911. Parts, parts, parts, you can do anything you want with a 1911 as far as customizing goes. Kinda like that 45 thing. When you start knocking 1/2 inch hoels in stuff, it gets their full and undivided attention for a second.