Only one weapon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okmike87

New to the site!
Reaction score
I just got my CCW and have a question.

Can you have more than one concealed pistol in your car?

I want to leave one weapon (Taurus Millennium .45) in my truck at all times but also carry a mini revolver (North American Arms .22) in my pocket.

I just read over the SDA Lawbook and can't find anything about carrying more than one concealed weapon at a time and don't remember the instructors saying anything about it.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got my CCW and have a question.

Can you have more than one concealed pistol in your car?

I want to leave one weapon (Taurus Millennium .45) in my truck at all times but also carry a mini revolver (North American Arms .22) in my pocket.

I just read over the SDA Lawbook and can't find anything about carrying more than one concealed weapon at a time and don't remember the instructors saying anything about it.

It's not specifically allowed in the law nor is it specifically disallowed, though the general consensus seems to be that it is acceptable.

And welcome to this forum.

Bryan

Dakota10986

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are a lot of people here on OSA that carry more than one weapon at a time...myself included. I've never heard anything about not being able to nor have i read it in the SDA. There are LEOs that comment on the forum also and none of them have said anything about not being able too. Some of them even carry a primary and backup gun. I also remember when I took my class to get my CCW at H&H the instructor told us that he carried two guns and a knife. If something like that were against the law I'd assume the person teaching us would not do it himself.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always been a firm believer in the "two is one/one is none" philosophy. The only time I only carry ONE pistola is on a quick dash to the store or something.

I would encourage each and every one of you to consider a backup weapon, but hell...even getting some of you clowns to tote spare ammo is a chore. :rolleyes2

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always been a firm believer in the "two is one/one is none" philosophy. The only time I only carry ONE pistola is on a quick dash to the store or something.

Since the bodyguard goes with you anywhere and everywhere, do you even really count it? To me, that little S&W is like my wallet or keys. Best gun purchase I've ever made. Thanks GED!

TMA-1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are a lot of people here on OSA that carry more than one weapon at a time...myself included. ... I also remember when I took my class to get my CCW at H&H the instructor told us that he carried two guns and a knife. If something like that were against the law I'd assume the person teaching us would not do it himself.

I agree on the multiple weapons issue. The Oklahoma Self-Defense Act places restrictions on the size of the weapon and caliber of ammunition, but it does not say anything about "how many." If you have the pockets, go ahead and fill them, I say! Just try not to clank as you walk down the street. :-)

One note about the knife. For most civilians (i.e., non-police), the Oklahoma SDA only authorizes the carrying of firearms. It does not allow other types of weapons, like knives, clubs, brass knuckles, and the like. The law does allow "...the proper use of guns and knives for hunting, fishing, educational or recreational purposes."

In short, if you're carrying the knife for a non-defense purpose, you should be okay. If you represent the knife as a self-defense weapon, your legal status is questionable, in my opinion.

(...disclaimer: not a real lawyer...)

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since the bodyguard goes with you anywhere and everywhere, do you even really count it? To me, that little S&W is like my wallet or keys. Best gun purchase I've ever made. Thanks GED!

That's a good point. That's the way it SHOULD be! A BUG should just be a part of you. It should be second nature just to grab up your wallet, keys, cell phone, BUG, knife and flashlight.

Hell, I even carry spare ammo for my BUG!

Rules of a Gunfight: Rule #2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap - life is expensive.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One note about the knife. For most civilians (i.e., non-police), the Oklahoma SDA only authorizes the carrying of firearms. It does not allow other types of weapons, like knives, clubs, brass knuckles, and the like. The law does allow "...the proper use of guns and knives for hunting, fishing, educational or recreational purposes."

In short, if you're carrying the knife for a non-defense purpose, you should be okay. If you represent the knife as a self-defense weapon, your legal status is questionable, in my opinion.

(...disclaimer: not a real lawyer...)

Y'all might laugh at me on this one, but the general idea of thrusting a knife into another human being just gives me the heebie-jeebies! :yikes2:

I can shoot a man, but I'd have a hard time sticking a guy. I mean, I could do it if it came down to it, but...:puke:

With that being said, on duty, I carry a pair of knives: My trusty Uncle Henry folder and a CRKT M16-13M. Neither are meant for self defense purposes, but both will do in a pinch.

Off duty I just carry the Uncle Henry. Again, not necessarily for any self defense deployment, but simply because I'm from the generation that was taught to always carry a good pocket knife.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would encourage each and every one of you to consider a backup weapon, but hell...even getting some of you clowns to tote spare ammo is a chore. :rolleyes2

I've been trying to save for a revolver for a second EDC gun, as spare mags for a second semi-auto would likely be enough for me to sink through solid ground. When I am home alone, I carry my wife's Baby Eagle in addition to my XD45 - but two full frames (the XD is a "compact" but has the 5" barrel, so pretty much a full frame IMO), four spare mags, Fox 5.3 OC, folding knife, cell phone, Ka-Bar TDI fixed blade knife, albuterol inhaler, flashlight, Leatherman, and the little mouse in my pocket would be really hard to manage every day in public.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been trying to save for a revolver for a second EDC gun, as spare mags for a second semi-auto would likely be enough for me to sink through solid ground. When I am home alone, I carry my wife's Baby Eagle in addition to my XD45 - but two full frames (the XD is a "compact" but has the 5" barrel, so pretty much a full frame IMO), four spare mags, Fox 5.3 OC, folding knife, cell phone, Ka-Bar TDI fixed blade knife, albuterol inhaler, flashlight, Leatherman, and the little mouse in my pocket would be really hard to manage every day in public.

You carry FOUR spare mags? :faint:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that two of those are for the XD and the other two are for the Baby Eagle...right?

IMHO, if I were to carry a pair of autos, they would both be of the same maker. For instance, I would tote a Glock 22/27 combo...or an XD full size/compact combo or even an M&P full size/compact combo. Thataway, magazine compatability is not an issue. What are you gonna do when under stress, you try to shove that Baby Eagle mag into that XD? :anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom