Only one weapon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You carry FOUR spare mags? :faint:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that two of those are for the XD and the other two are for the Baby Eagle...right?

IMHO, if I were to carry a pair of autos, they would both be of the same maker. For instance, I would tote a Glock 22/27 combo...or an XD full size/compact combo or even an M&P full size/compact combo. Thataway, magazine compatability is not an issue. What are you gonna do when under stress, you try to shove that Baby Eagle mag into that XD? :anyone:

And a spare mag for a matched combo should be the full size. You can put a full size in a compact frame, but you can't put a compact mag in a fullsize frame. My backup mag for my M&P compact is a 17rd full size M&P mag.

I carry at least once speed strip reload for my BUG (S&W 49 bodyguard). I've also been carrying a speed loader full of CCI shot for snakes on the family ranch.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And a spare mag for a matched combo should be the full size. You can put a full size in a compact frame, but you can't put a compact mag in a fullsize frame. My backup mag for my M&P compact is a 17rd full size M&P mag.

Yeah, when I had my Glock 27, I didn't even load the spare mag that came with it. I just left it in the box. I din't keep the little 27 for long though. It just wasn't the gun for me. :disappoin

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You carry FOUR spare mags? :faint:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that two of those are for the XD and the other two are for the Baby Eagle...right?

IMHO, if I were to carry a pair of autos, they would both be of the same maker. For instance, I would tote a Glock 22/27 combo...or an XD full size/compact combo or even an M&P full size/compact combo. Thataway, magazine compatability is not an issue. What are you gonna do when under stress, you try to shove that Baby Eagle mag into that XD? :anyone:

Three for the XD and one for the Baby Eagle. She hasn't got her permit yet, so we haven't shopped for more mags for that. I carry the Baby Eagle spare in my pocket (no carrier for it yet), two of the XD mags in the carrier that came with the XD, and another in a horizontal positioned just to the right of my belt buckle (for retrieval with left hand).

I would never carry the Baby and the XD both outside my property for two reasons: different platforms and everything prints like a Guttenburg press. The main reason I keep the Baby on me when she's not around is if I'm working out back and have the dog with me and someone got in the house, I'm not being shot at with her gun. I take the spare mag just in case I have to use it and Murphy shows up.

EDC is always the XD45, one spare in the horizontal carrier, folder, TDI, spray, cell phone, wallet, and flashlight. If my choice of shirt allows, I'll add the second and third spare mags in the dual XDgear carrier. For church, I've found the 5.11 "covert" khakis to be the only comfortable pair of khakis to me, and the second and third mags go in the zipped left mag pocket. I bought them for the belt and decided I liked the way they felt and looked, and I hear comments over the grapevine about how I'm "growing up" and not wearing ragged jeans at church. Now if I could just get saved up for a decent .38 or .357 that I can pocket carry...

(please don't laugh at the 5.11 pants... I really like them and they don't look mall ninja at all)

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Y'all might laugh at me on this one, but the general idea of thrusting a knife into another human being just gives me the heebie-jeebies! :yikes2:

I can shoot a man, but I'd have a hard time sticking a guy. I mean, I could do it if it came down to it, but...:puke:

Eh, that is actually quite commn (at least sayeth Lt Col Dave Grossman). I ALWAYS have at least three weapons on me. Two of them are knives and double as tools. The other is some type semi auto (Glock or Kahr) with a spare mag. Notice I sat at least...

CASTRATE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i dont have my ccl yet, but i already made my holsters, mag pouches, and workin on speed strip pouches. i plan on carryin a lot of extra weight on my person. things fail at the worst possible time, so i want to have as many backups as possible

Latest posts

Top Bottom