Only YOU Can Protect Net Neutrality

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SM Rider

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Is this the same government that couldn't get a healthcare website running? And they want to run the internet? That founding father Al Gore must be rolling in his grave by now.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This.
thor.jpg

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know what Dennis uses, but at 12GB/day or 365GB/mo on average, I'm glad I have no limits other than the size of the pipe. I've pushed max saturation (30GB/day) a few times.

Your running a business that is a lot different than personal use. Most of the people who I've spoken with that said they had unlimited cell data didn't actually use that much and would me much better off switching to a shared plan with caps.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your running a business that is a lot different than personal use. Most of the people who I've spoken with that said they had unlimited cell data didn't actually use that much and would me much better off switching to a shared plan with caps.

Well, if we're talking business vs personal, probably 1/3 of that is business use out of my home office. It's not uncommon for us to be streaming Netflix or Hulu in one room and Spotify in another, or Netflix and Hulu at the same time (3Mbps pipe). Quite often, I stream documentaries on Netflix all day for background noise if I'm not feeling any of my Spotify playlists. I can still keep Netflix or Spotify going just fine on the rare occasion I use GoToMeeting.

On my cell, I have a cap of 12GB, though I only pay for 6GB (Verizon customer appreciation). I keep it managed right at 5GB, and before I got the free upgrade I would pay more for a higher cap for conferences. No matter how big of a pipe they bring into a tech conference, it's almost always better to tether. 2.7 devices per attendee adds up, especially with 3500+ attendees on 1Gbps fiber.

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You burn a lot of bandwidth! But actually guys like you are the reason caps will eventually go the way of paying for anytime minutes, long distance, and texting. I'll all just be included with content being where the money is.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
waiting for someone to say this guy doesn't understand the internet :Heya:

[video=vimeo;120794244]https://vimeo.com/120794244[/video]

Latest posts