Open carry........am I legal ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jam Master Jay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've wondered about this before. Similar but not the same situation: my car has really deep bucket seats so I don't carry my gun in a holster or pocket when I drive. When I get out I either slip the gun (in pocket holster) into my pocket or gun (in IWB holster) into my waistband. I'm always discreet but I've wondered if that still counts as proper open carry when I have the gun my hand in the holster.

In my opinion I wouldn't feel comfortable carrying an upholstered gun in my hand anywhere but at the range or at home where I were deliberately doing something with it. I never take my gun out of the holster when putting it on or transporting it. Shooting, cleaning, or checking is when it comes out.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For some reason I originally ruled out a small front worn fanny pack on the outside of my t-shirt but I can't recall why now......I'm going to rethink it.

Thanks again for the input fellas.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know I am late to this party, but dillon makes a nice cased holster that looks just like a day planner.

You could carry that and no one would know.

Dave

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just duct tape that b!tch to your chest every morning. Suck it up, man.

On another front, it'll save you having to shave your chest if you're one of those "metro" guys.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do not ever carrying a pistol in your hand unless you are gonna use it!!! I have a belly band holster that I sometimes where and it holds my glock 26 just fine. It's made by Linny Mcgills company. I think it's undertech. It has a slot for a revolver and a semi auto. Also has a place for spare mags and credit cards. I would just get a shoulder rig if it were me. That is what I use when I don't carry on my waste.

RetiredTater

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It it is in your hand it can be construed as brandishing, regardless of how carried. Would be easy for someone to say "there's a weirdo carrying a gun!" then cops roll in with their trigger fingers itchy.

Just my two cents. Seen a fanny pack with a holster that sits against the body the other day when looking for a holster.

My pocket holster feels like it keeps my bodyguard from bouncing as much to me. I know there is some printing in the looser gym shorts and my khakis if you know what to look for, but most concealable holsters do as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom