Open carry - Concealed carry question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What makes it hard on the ones that prefer to carry owb are the ones that are YouTube hero’s in other states that walk down the streets carrying a rifle or handgun knowing they are going to be asked for identification by a LEO and then declining to provide such identification it makes it hard on law enforcement in my opinion

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I open carry every day (unless I have on a winter coat) and I try and watch other people some to see if they even notice. Most do not. Some do and ask about my gun - I find this to be a PITA. Its not there for a conversation piece or for you to draw attention to like its some kinda novelty. Its like a stranger asking what brand my boots are, its just weird and I would never do it.
I've had 2 encounters with LEO thanking me for carrying.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going OWB today for the first time in ages. I have a whole box of holsters and have no idea what gun most of them fit anymore. <sigh> I found a simple leather one that my PPS fits in, though I know it isn't made for it. I'm wearing a longish shirt, so it'll be covered anyways.

I'm just GD'd tired of IWB, it's so FECKING uncomfortable!

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going OWB today for the first time in ages. I have a whole box of holsters and have no idea what gun most of them fit anymore. <sigh> I found a simple leather one that my PPS fits in, though I know it isn't made for it. I'm wearing a longish shirt, so it'll be covered anyways.

I'm just GD'd tired of IWB, it's so FECKING uncomfortable!

I dont even own a IWB anymore. I carry OWB every day because of the same reason you are today. With all these laptop sized cell phones strapped to people sides and the publics lack of any situational awareness at all, I could probably carry it around my neck and nobody would notice.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I open carry every day (unless I have on a winter coat) and I try and watch other people some to see if they even notice. Most do not. Some do and ask about my gun - I find this to be a PITA. Its not there for a conversation piece or for you to draw attention to like its some kinda novelty. Its like a stranger asking what brand my boots are, its just weird and I would never do it.
I've had 2 encounters with LEO thanking me for carrying.
My sheriff has told me that he glad that I carried and he wished more people did.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remember the hubbub and outcry when open carry was allowed in Oklahoma? Some said it'd be like the old west and people would be prone to be gun crazy and pull their weapon? We hardly ever see anyone (I haven't) open carry but a few slip ups of the shirt or bend overs and once in a while one will see a holstered gun. I've seen one under the shirt at Whataburger when he adjusted the holster-I kinda thought he had a gun because his shirt wasn't tucked in...then another time a a barber shop and that's the extent of me seeing anyone with a gun. They keep them covered for the most part and no one knows...

Jake Perry

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone know the rules for active military/guardsmen ccw. I was told that Mary Fallin passed a bill stating that Active duty, and National Guardsmen don't have to apply for a permit. does anyone know if this is true?

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know the rules for active military/guardsmen ccw. I was told that Mary Fallin passed a bill stating that Active duty, and National Guardsmen don't have to apply for a permit. does anyone know if this is true?
"21 O.S. 1290.8 A. Except as otherwise prohibited by law, an eligible person shall have authority to carry a concealed or unconcealed handgun in this state when 2. The person is twenty-one (21) years of age or older, and is either: a. active military, or b. a member of the Reserve or National Guard to include Drill Status Guard and Reserve, Active Guard Reserves or Military Technicians, and presents a valid military identification card that shall be considered a valid handgun license issued pursuant to the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act. C. The person shall be required to have possession of his or her valid handgun license or valid military identification card as provided for qualified persons in this section and a valid Oklahoma driver license or an Oklahoma State photo identification at all times when in possession of an authorized pistol."

I just came from WA state with a CPL, am I covered with that until I get my OK CCP? I also have OR/UT/AZ permits. I have an OK DL now so I can get the clock started for my lifetime disabled vet hunting license.

Also is it active duty only? I'm retired with a retired Army ID.

Latest posts

Top Bottom