Open Carry News...did anyone else see this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trade_sniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got an update from OK2A this morning. I encourage everyone to call or email Rep. DeWitt and your own Representative. I've provided email and phone number links below:

Oklahoma One Step Closer To Open Carry

Last week Oklahoma came one step closer to joining 43 other states that have open carry. By a 13 to 2 vote, the House Public Safety Committee voted to send HB2522 to the full House. The no votes were from Rep. Roan, which was no surprise, and Republican Rep. Hardin from Ardmore.

The next hurdle will be getting it on the floor while keeping any unnecessary or unwanted amendments from being added to it. Please call the House Floor Leader, Rep. DeWitt, and politely urge him to place HB2522 on the floor calendar as soon as possible. He can be reached at (405) 557-7332 or [email protected].

Also, call you own Representative and urge him/her to vote yes on HB2522. If you are unsure who your Representative is, visit the Legislature's home page and fill in the form on the lower right side of the page.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I spoke to my Rep. The last time this subject got this far (2 years ago?), he voted against it. However, he says that the changes in this bill are such that he now supports it. He's already voted for it in committee. He seemed to feel positive about it's prospects.

trade_sniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heard that HB2522 is scheduled to be on the floor schedule tomorrow or later. Also saw where some people are trying to add amendments to it which might kill it. One was allowing any person to carry a loaded firearm without a concealed carry permit, when he has 'reasonable fear for his/her life'. The problem is who defines 'reasonable', what is considered 'reasonable'. This is the type of 'grey area' language that could kill it. Another one was an amendment that would stipulate what type of holsters could be used for open carry. Haven't gotten to read either amendment, just passing along what I heard. A friend is on a facebook page and apparently it's someone who works at the capital because he posts an update about every 20 minutes.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Might need a new thread, but I doubt it.

So, what are the laws in Oklahoma about printing? I didn't see anything in the SDA lawbook (Nov 2011) about it. With summer coming up, it would be good for a refresher if anyone knows and can point me to the black and white text covering this subject.

thx.
AJP

trade_sniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The facebook page my buddy has been watching that seems to have very frequent updates on things happening at the capital regarding open carry is: http://www.facebook.com/#!/opencarryok

He said there was a lot of talk today about those extra amendments and many people saying they won't vote for the amendments. Just pass the bill like it is and worry about changes later, otherwise they'll lump a bunch of things in that might keep the original bill from passing. Several people at the capital also said that this bill has the best chance of passing.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
The facebook page my buddy has been watching that seems to have very frequent updates on things happening at the capital regarding open carry is: http://www.facebook.com/#!/opencarryok

He said there was a lot of talk today about those extra amendments and many people saying they won't vote for the amendments. Just pass the bill like it is and worry about changes later, otherwise they'll lump a bunch of things in that might keep the original bill from passing. Several people at the capital also said that this bill has the best chance of passing.

I would be happy with that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom