Open Carry News...did anyone else see this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

oklacowboy

The facebook page my buddy has been watching that seems to have very frequent updates on things happening at the capital regarding open carry is: http://www.facebook.com/#!/opencarryok

He said there was a lot of talk today about those extra amendments and many people saying they won't vote for the amendments. Just pass the bill like it is and worry about changes later, otherwise they'll lump a bunch of things in that might keep the original bill from passing. Several people at the capital also said that this bill has the best chance of passing.
Thank you for the link.

trade_sniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It passed the house today. Only a few voted against it (Cooksey, Nollan, Shelton, Hardin, Pittman, Virgin, McDaniel, J., Roan, Williams). Here's an excerpt of the events as they unfolded from that Facebook page I posted a link to a day or so ago. it lists the amendments that got denied, tabled, approved, etc. Now it goes to the Senate comittee and if it passes there, which it should since they already passed one they came up with, then to the Senate floor. Will probably take a couple of weeks. They (Senate) have until the 15th to get all their own bills voted on.

Wes Tebo Amendment 1 McCullough request for retention by his local LEO. Martin moves to table the McCullough Amendment. Amendment Tabled 49 -11 DENIED!!!
9 hours ago · Like.

Barry Davis Awesome! This is our year!!!
9 hours ago · Like · 1.

Wes Tebo Amendment 4 Reynolds - for bodily harm, the Reynolds is not what we thought...maybe. Seems like Reynods wants unconditional open carry. Martin moves to table. Amendment tabled 52 -30
9 hours ago · Like.

Wes Tebo Amendmnet 4 Martin - clears up when we have to notify to first available opportunity. Passed 78 - 0
9 hours ago · Like.

Wes Tebo Amendment 5 Murphey - would allow open carry in a shoulder holster. Reynolds asks about ankle holsters. Passed 74 - 1
9 hours ago · Like.

Scott Hannaford I agree Barry!!
9 hours ago · Like.

Scott Hannaford Thanks for updating Wes. I'm shooting today so I am away from my computer. So glad I have the iPhone! Keeps me updated!!
9 hours ago · Like.

Wes Tebo Amendment 6 Cockroft - mailing license directly to the applicant address instead of the sheriff department. Amendment passes
9 hours ago · Like · 1.

Wes Tebo Hardin asks asks about the public knowing if someone was licensed. Martin answers no. Hardin asks if Martin forsees any anxiety of public, Marting responds that maybe early on but not later on.
9 hours ago · Like · 1.

Wes Tebo Morgan asks if it changes anything regarding private property banning. Martin answers no
9 hours ago · Like.

Wes Tebo Pitman asks what the restrictions are. Martin responds with all the prohibited places. Pitman asks if this is the camels nose, and open carry will grow to include other places. Martin says those are questions for a later date and would depend on the success of the current bill.
9 hours ago · Like.

Wes Tebo Bennett says that after 15 years in TN they have no problems or concerns with OC like what Hardin asked about. From the author of the TN bill. Martin says that in 17 years, there has never been a bad shooting by an SDA holder.
9 hours ago · Like · 1.

Wes Tebo Johnson asks about municipal subdivision being able to criminalize OC. Martin mentions preemption
9 hours ago · Like.

Wes Tebo Brown asks about penalties for carrying in a posted location. Martin is unsure about answer as not part of his bill. Brown asks about local control. Martin again reiterates preemption.
9 hours ago · Like.

Wes Tebo McDaniel Jeannie asked about guns at capitol. Martin says it does not allow.
9 hours ago · Like.

Wes Tebo Nollan asks about restrictions on people with mental illness. Martin refers to the background checks that have to happen to get a permit. Martin says, "this law only applies to law abiding citizens" not what the criminal will do.
9 hours ago · Like.

Barry Davis THANKS SO MUCH for doing this. Im watching closely.
9 hours ago · Like.

Wes Tebo McPeak asks about the Bennett amendment. That Amendment was withdraw.
9 hours ago · Like.

Wes Tebo No debate. Measure PASSES 85 - 9 No vote names coming soon.
8 hours ago · Like · 1.

Scott Hannaford PARTY!!!!!!!
8 hours ago · Like.

Bill McBee Wes - You ARE the man! Thank You so much for keeping us updated.
8 hours ago · Like · 1.

Timothy Speck yesss!!! so whats next
8 hours ago · Like · 1.

Wes Tebo No votes include: Cooksey, Nollan, Shelton, Hardin, Pittman, Virgin, McDaniel, J., Roan, Williams.

Apparently Nollan doesn't get that criminals will do whatever they want anyway, Pittman thinks it will lead to more rights being given to law abiding citizens who wish to carry a gun...perhaps on a campus.
8 hours ago · Like.

Wes Tebo Now it gets moved to the Senate and the process is repeated. The bill goes through the Senate Public Safety Committee and if it comes out, then get voted on in the Senate and if they pass it, it goes to the Governors desk for her signature
8 hours ago · Like · 1.

Wes Tebo Well done all
8 hours ago · Like.

Timothy Speck when do you think the senate will hear it?
8 hours ago · Like.

Wes Tebo probably not for a couple weeks. They have until the 15th to get their own bills out, so probably not before then.
8 hours ago · Like.

Timothy Speck ok ty
8 hours ago · Like.

I Support Open Carry in Oklahoma Wes, you did an awesome job. thank you so much!
6 hours ago · Like.

Wes Tebo NP...Just wrote it as it happend.
6 hours ago · Like

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
trade_sniper, thanks for mentioning the facebook page. We try to post timely information there, so that interested people can be made aware when and to whom phone calls can be made, and emails can be sent. If a Senator or Rep gets a rush of calls in teh 24 hours before a vote, it can go a long ways toward getting someone off of the fence and onto our side of the vote.

trade_sniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
trade_sniper, thanks for mentioning the facebook page. We try to post timely information there, so that interested people can be made aware when and to whom phone calls can be made, and emails can be sent. If a Senator or Rep gets a rush of calls in teh 24 hours before a vote, it can go a long ways toward getting someone off of the fence and onto our side of the vote.

No, thank YOU. It's a great page for exactly the reasons you mentioned. I have been trying to relay the information here so that those interested here have phone numbers, names, email and links they need to show their support.

fustigate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because if gravity ever begins to pull upward instead of downward my gun might fall out, also for those days when my arm goes spastic and reaches for the gun without my brain knowing it, unintentionally drawing my weapon...just stupid

Beat me to it... (Or maybe in this context, you beat me to the draw.)

trade_sniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update from OK2A:

==========================================
ACTION ALERT: HB2522 (Open Carry) to be Heard Wednesday

Rep. Martin's open carry "omnibus" bill is set to be heard by the House Public Safety Committee this Wednesday at 10:30 am in Room 432A at the State Capitol. We expect this to be a very close vote. Please call all members of the committee and ask them to support HB2522. You can find the committee roster with contact information here. Also scheduled to be heard by the committee is Rep. Enns' casual exposure bill, HB2416. Also ask the committee members to support it. We are also asking anyone who is able to please attend the meeting this Wednesday. If you plan to attend, please arrive as early as possible because they have been known to start committee meeting early.

Link to HB2522: http://www.oklegislature.gov/BillInfo.aspx?Bill=HB2522
Link to HB2416: http://www.oklegislature.gov/BillInfo.aspx?Bill=HB2416

Link to Committee Members: http://ok2a.org/legislative-contact-information

Hit them hard and heavy...

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update from OK2A:

ACTION ALERT: HB2522 (Open Carry) to be Heard Wednesday

Rep. Martin's open carry "omnibus" bill is set to be heard by the House Public Safety Committee this Wednesday at 10:30 am in Room 432A at the State Capitol. We expect this to be a very close vote. Please call all members of the committee and ask them to support HB2522. You can find the committee roster with contact information here. Also scheduled to be heard by the committee is Rep. Enns' casual exposure bill, HB2416. Also ask the committee members to support it. We are also asking anyone who is able to please attend the meeting this Wednesday. If you plan to attend, please arrive as early as possible because they have been known to start committee meeting early.

Link to HB2522: http://www.oklegislature.gov/BillInfo.aspx?Bill=HB2522
Link to HB2416: http://www.oklegislature.gov/BillInfo.aspx?Bill=HB2416

Link to Committee Members: http://ok2a.org/legislative-contact-information

Hit them hard and heavy...

Didn't all this happen last week? I thought HB 2522 passed the House and was now in the Senate.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like old news to me... Left off part of the Daily Alert message... the part that reads....

Posted on Mon, February 27, 2012 by Tim Gillespie filed under filed under Concealed Carry,,Action Alerts,,Open Carry,

From what I can see HB2522 is still waiting to go to the Senate Committee. The Senate takes care of all its bills first, then the House bills.

Latest posts

Top Bottom