Open Carry News...did anyone else see this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SB 1733 allows persons who obtain a license to carry a firearm pursuant to the Oklahoma Self Defense Act to carry the weapon openly or concealed.

It also allows a person to carry loaded and unloaded firearms for any legitimate purpose on the private property of the person.

Question - with passage of this bill, can I strap on my holster and pistol and carry openly on my sister's land? Currently, the SDA doesn't appear to allow that. And, SB1733 references carrying on "my" property.

What is wrong with plain English?

trade_sniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well if it's like the current SDA then you can open carry anyplace you are legally allowed to carry concealed, so nothing Federal, Schools, etc. It's the best shot we've got at Open Carry today and the best chance we have of getting one passed. We can always add changes later. Let the public get over the initial shock and see that blood is not going to run in the streets.

trade_sniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HB2522 has been placed on the Senate agenda and will be heard either on Tuesday or Wednesday. Please begin contacting your Senator to politely urge them to vote for HB2522. You can contact your senator at 405-524-0126. If you are unsure who your senator is, use the form on the lower right corner of the Senate website.

trade_sniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HB2522 passed the Senate. SB1733 has been scheduled on the House calendar to be heard after 2:04PM on Thursday. Taking it to the wire. So hopefully one or both will pass. One of two things will happen, either the 2 bills will go to conference committee to be worked out (I don't think this will happen since most of HB2522 is in SB1733), or the House will not approve the amendments to HB2522, but the Senate will approve the amendments to SB1733 and SB1733 will go to the gov's desk.

trade_sniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's going to be changed to put most of the original wording back into it from what I understand. It was some type of a tactic to put useless amendments in it so that it would stay in circulation and then be 'fixed' later before the final vote. Don't ask me why. I was scratching me head over it too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom