Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Open Carry be permissible under the law?

• Total voters

hk7686

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
+1

I just moved back from Arizona, and I open carried daily, was never hassled by anyone and only got questioned by people around me in the store or mall a few times.

I've had LEO's compliment my guns and make small talk with me in lines at McDonalds and such, and have even discussed it with a few of them, it seemed a very common practice in Arizona, when in Tempe around people from other states, they might be a little sheepish about it.

I was a little nervous when open carrying at first, but it eventually just becomes part of your wardrobe.

I don't see how it gives up your tactical advantage, as muggers don't always have to be armed with firearms. I had a friend from my class stabbed 14 times by 3 gang bangers just a couple of blocks from our school just because he was a nerdy white boy. I'd been approached a few times while open carrying, by wannabe bangers and they always backed away once they clearly saw what that thing strapped around my leg was. I know that I'm young and dumb, I have my CWP, and back here at home I deal with having to hide my weapon, and always having to wear clothes to suit my guns, rather than guns that compliment what I'm wearing that day.

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, I wish we could carry guns without any restrictions but it is not realistic. I teach the SDA classes and many of the students who are fully qualified under the law and successfully complete the class should never carry a firearm without a great deal of additional training. Open carry adds a whole new dimension in weapons retention. If adults are responsible enough to get the necessary training then it would work great. Most will not do it so open carry puts them much more at risk.

I agree the 2nd Amendment places no restrictions, but the Constitution of the State of Oklahoma does allow the legislature to place limits on the carrying of weapons.

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I honestly think both should be legal, but permit/license required to do so. Thus making it bluntly obvious who is "ok" to carry or not.

for all of you who think you still should have to have a license let me show you mine.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

if those 27 words need any more clarification let me know. a license is an infringement on the right.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
for all of you who think you still should have to have a license let me show you mine.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

if those 27 words need any more clarification let me know. a license is an infringement on the right.

YES!!!

Reaction score
I just came back from Michigan. It is legal to carry open without a permit. Well there is no law saying that you cant. I also have a CCW. It was interesting! people definatley look at you differntley when they see a side arm on you!

todd740

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

Absolutly, what is next, free speach permits?

Latest posts

Top Bottom