Open land to shoot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goathead

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi kinda new to OKlahoma just wondering is there open land to go target shooting on. Like in califorina there is BLM land or the NAF land you can go open target shooting

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is less public land in Oklahoma than a lot of other states. There are some areas of public hunting land that is owned by the wildlife department that has designated areas to site in rifles.

It may require a hunting license to use it. Check out the public hunting lands at www.wildlifedepartment.com.

Be sure and follow the regulations. If an area shows a shooting range on the map legend you could call that areas manager and confirm what the rules are.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would be a lot easier to get a membership at a range closer to home.

You could even try finding a land owner that will give you permission.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lived in Roseville, so had the Tahoe and El Dorado national forests to shoot at. It was great fun. Due to the history of Oklahoma(land run, trail of tears, etc.) there isn't much BLM land or national forestry.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't say about open target land, but if you're looking to sight in a rifle, and can do proper math, I would recommend an indoor range like H&H. Setting a zero beyond 300 is pretty tough, but to shoot a benjamin, simple math should get it done in a windless controlled environment.

Goathead

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I looking for is place like in CA open land no one to bother you, so you can rapit fire ...can't do that at a indoor range I guess CA better for stuff like that

Latest posts

Top Bottom