Opinion of Hi-Point Firearms?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are 100% American made and cheap!

I don't believe they make ARs. But what they do make is just what you said, cheap.

Might be neat for low cost plinker/trunk guns...but I would never consider them for serious use.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't believe they make ARs. But what they do make is just what you said, cheap.

Might be neat for low cost plinker/trunk guns...but I would never consider them for serious use.

I agree - cheap, bulky and ugly ... but what do you mean "serious use"? They are reliable and accurate - how more serious does it need to get?

TKNO1015s

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They make a rifle that takes their pistol magazines. I tell people that they are the cheapest, ugliest, heaviest, and worst trigger pull in the case but they are reliable, have a lifetime warranty and have never had one go down or comeback. What else can you buy new with a box of ammo and be able to shoot for less than 200 bucks?

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are ugly. They are cheap. But they do what they're supposed to do, and have a lifetime warranty. I had one of their carbines several years ago and it was a blast to shoot. It was a 9mm. If they had a .45 at the time, I'd still have it.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've owned one of their .40 pistols. Felt like a brick in my hands. Ugly as stated numerous times above but I never had a problem with it. Been debating buying one of their .40 carbines.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
but what do you mean "serious use"? They are reliable and accurate - how more serious does it need to get?

Serious as in "would you carry it every day in all manner of environments, shoot the hell out of it, and bet your life on it?"....I wouldn't.

But not all firearms are used for that purpose so they have a place.

rockon71385

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've put a handful of rounds through a mostly plastic 9mm that a friend owned once. It was horribly inaccurate and had insanely harsh recoil since there was almost no weight to the gun. I'm used to shooting plastic guns(glocks), and I would NEVER waste my money on a hi-point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom