Opinion: Which AR is the has better Quality

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best AR based on Quality

• DPMS

Votes: 23 11.2%
  • RRA

Votes: 61 29.6%
  • M&P

Votes: 44 21.4%
  • Olympic

Votes: 11 5.3%
  • Bushmaster

Votes: 34 16.5%
  • Stag

Votes: 33 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I like irritating people that want this thread to die.

It is funny though how one poster said he judged quality on whether they offered a 1x7 barrel. If you are going to actually shoot and AR for anything other the high power matches, a 1x8 is as fast as you need. I shot 69's from a 1x9 and had no problems at 400.

Ok, let it die......

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
None of the above. I had mine custom built by Accuracy systems Inc in Aurora Co. They pretty much machine the whole thing and have their own lowers cast and machined instead of borrowing a lower from DPMS that they have bought

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hahahaha - Aw c'mon man - its a damn deer! That belongs on a green and yellow AR.
:laughup:

See:

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Is it wrong that I now want this? :doh:

I like irritating people that want this thread to die.

It is funny though how one poster said he judged quality on whether they offered a 1x7 barrel. If you are going to actually shoot and AR for anything other the high power matches, a 1x8 is as fast as you need. I shot 69's from a 1x9 and had no problems at 400.

Ok, let it die......

Why are there so few people who feel this way? Why is 1X7 so popular? Do they intentionally want a barrel that will not shoot inexpensive ammo well? What gives? I know I don't have so much $$$ burning a hole in my pocket that I can afford to shoot Mk 262 all the time. :(

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why are there so few people who feel this way? Why is 1X7 so popular? Do they intentionally want a barrel that will not shoot inexpensive ammo well? What gives? I know I don't have so much $$$ burning a hole in my pocket that I can afford to shoot Mk 262 all the time. :(

I have a 16" AR and a 12.5" M16 that are both 1x7 and both shoot the inexpensive 55gr M193 ammo just fine. Were you having some type of issue with this ammo in a 1x7?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 16" AR and a 12.5" M16 that are both 1x7 and both shoot the inexpensive 55gr M193 ammo just fine. Were you having some type of issue with this ammo in a 1x7?

I just recently got my first 1X7 barrel and haven't had an opportunity to bench it with various bullet weights yet (I have everything from 40gr to 69gr on hand to try). I'm just going off the common wisdom that best accuracy with .223/5.56 is to match twist rate to the bullet you plan to shoot the most.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just recently got my first 1X7 barrel and haven't had an opportunity to bench it with various bullet weights yet (I have everything from 40gr to 69gr on hand to try). I'm just going off the common wisdom that best accuracy with .223/5.56 is to match twist rate to the bullet you plan to shoot the most.

I would think that 1x7 would be too fast for 40-45gr due to their rotational velocity, but should be fine for 55gr and up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom