Opinion: Which AR is the has better Quality

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best AR based on Quality

• DPMS

Votes: 23 11.2%
  • RRA

Votes: 61 29.6%
  • M&P

Votes: 44 21.4%
  • Olympic

Votes: 11 5.3%
  • Bushmaster

Votes: 34 16.5%
  • Stag

Votes: 33 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would think that 1x7 would be too fast for 40-45gr due to their rotational velocity, but should be fine for 55gr and up.

This has been my experience - I have a 14.5" and a 16" both in 1/7 twist - 55gr are fine (though I haven't tried any 45gr - I didn't even know there were 40gr .223 rounds out there).

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have recently found that my 1 in 7 Satern barrel likes the MG 55gr bullets well enough. I can load ammo on a progressive press with a mishmosh of cases and the rifle will shoot 1" (sometimes less) 20 round groups at 100 yards.

From my experience 55gr ammo shoots fine in a 1-7 barrel, and so does heavier weight stuff.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have seen two rifles, both just so happen to be RRA, that were 1-9 and would not shoot the dept issued 69 grain ammo.

txnavalaviator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it all depends on what you want to do with it and how much you want to spend. my wife is all but pleased with her oly arms. and for the money i'm pleased for that matter also. now knowing what i do now i would have bought a cmmg bargin bin ar for 599 but hind sight is always 20/20...

aerodoc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shopped and compaired and held and inspected for a long time before buying a AR and what i learned from research and my own conclusions in that the DPMS for the money is the best buy. Im sure not all would agree and they may be right but I love mine it just feels better to me.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shopped and compaired and held and inspected for a long time before buying a AR and what i learned from research and my own conclusions in that the DPMS for the money is the best buy. Im sure not all would agree and they may be right but I love mine it just feels better to me.

Feels better than what?

Latest posts

Top Bottom