Opinion: Which AR is the has better Quality

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best AR based on Quality

• DPMS

Votes: 23 11.2%
  • RRA

Votes: 61 29.6%
  • M&P

Votes: 44 21.4%
  • Olympic

Votes: 11 5.3%
  • Bushmaster

Votes: 34 16.5%
  • Stag

Votes: 33 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1911 MQB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have much experience with the black rifle, but I hope to get one soon. The only one's I've shot are Wilson Combat and S&W M&P. There was no contest. The Wilson combat was much more accurate and ran smoother. I was wondering if any manufacturers besides Les Baer have an accuracy guarantee?

RobC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know, Trey Knight says that they don't shot peen their bolts. I just hope that it doesn't kB as a result. However, if it all holds together without being a Colt, the SR-15/NT4 combo should kick a little ass.

Rob

RobC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know. They design and make tons of other small parts so I would not be at all surprised. I'll look for markings whenever it arrives....could be a while. In fact, the suppressor may beat it here and have to live on the MRP until it arrives.

Rob

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
KAC didn't make the chart because most mortals can't get them Rob!

It does seem odd they wouldn't shot peen them though. I would think KAC would do everything Colt/LMT does. If it breaks, I'll buy it from you.....

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's the correct height for a flat top receiver.

To expand on that.... Quite often you will have to run your front sight post so high it will stick up higher then the "ears" on the FSB or you'll get it so high the detent will not hold it. The F marked ones are a tad higher to solve this issue.

RobC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
KAC didn't make the chart because most mortals can't get them Rob!

It does seem odd they wouldn't shot peen them though. I would think KAC would do everything Colt/LMT does. If it breaks, I'll buy it from you.....

We will see if mortals can get them. They are allegedly going to ship within a month or so.

So I found out that they also don't MPI the bolts.
Trey Knight said on Silencertests that the geometry of the bolt and the materials involved make it stronger and more durable anyway. He also pointed out that 'milspec' is a minimum guideline.

Reed Knight knows a thing or two about building quality hardware and has twice the experience of most manufacturers. I have no doubt that the rifle will handle far more than I will ever throw at it. Kind of a waste that it will live predominantly in my safe.

I just have to figure out what optic to go with to do the rest of the rifle justice. I'm thinking at minimum ACOG, though I want a S&B Short Dot or a Night Force.

Rob

Latest posts

Top Bottom