Opinion's & Info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I won a Anshutz 1515-1516, bolt action 22 mag off Gunbroker. I have always wanted a Anschutz, but never had the money. With my computer skills(a Drunk Monkey), I have not been able to find much info about this model. It has double set triggers and is on a beautiful Monte Carlo stock. I know I got a good deal, but that is about it. I will post pictures later, and will give a range report when I can get druryj a hall pass from the Mental Institution. Any and all input would be appreciated.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not much that I can add.... Built on a Model 64 action, with double set triggers. DST were often seen on European-spec Anschutzs, but are seen less often in the US. Should have an 11mm rail for "tip-off" style scope rings and may be drilled and tapped for scope mounts as well (I have a set of Weaver bases for Anschutz laying around if you need some). Now get out and shoot the thing!

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there some specific information you're looking for? Most of what I found, you probably already know...

Anshutz does not currently show that model. Their website shows a couple of model 1516's that are discontinued, the last MSRP was a little under $1300 new.

A few model comes up on sites like gunbroker, most of them sold used in the $500 to $600 neighborhood. Conditions were described as "very good" to "excellent", or 98 to 99%. One was listed at $450, most of them have what appears to be an inexpensive scope, and open (usually specifies folding rear) sites. Stocks are usually described as "hardwood", but one specifically said Walnut.

General description on all is bolt action, 4-shot detachable magazine .22 magnum, barrel length usually either 22 or 23 inches, one said 19".

None of the examples I found had double set triggers... the bottom part of this page describes the double set trigger...
https://www.bevfitchett.us/anschutz-1400-1500-hunting-repeaters/trigger.html
Apparently Anshutz ads ST to the model number to indicate double set triggers.

I did not find any info at all as to the history, when they were made, etc. Some of the listings were U.S., but a lot were UK. They look to be premium quality, and based on their reputation I was a little surprised that they could be found for under $600, they seem to be very nice rifles.

You might be able to send a message to Anshutz USA and get some specific info on your rifle?
https://www.anschutznorthamerica.com/contact.html

Sorry... none of that is likely very helpful, but all I could find...

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ron, it does have that rail and the rings would be great. Thank You. Aries is is a German rifle, and thank you for the info. That was more then I found.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ron, it does have that rail and the rings would be great.
Is it also drilled and tapped for scope mounts? The Weaver bases I have are for that type of mount. The receiver should be grooved for standard "tip-off" rings. I've got a pair of low rings for that type of mount.

Latest posts

Top Bottom