Opinions on Burris optics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the response on the warranty its good to know they stand behind their products. No doubt the monarch is a great scope, but I am finding the fullfield II at half the cost of the monarchs. so how would you say the fullfield line compares to the prostaff or buck master series?

Sorry so late to respond.

I'd pick the Fullfield II over the Prostaff. Probably a toss-up between the FFII and the Buckmaster.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are pretty good scopes. I have a FFII 3-9x40 that I've had for a while, and it is good glass. The BDC reticle is nice.

I also have a Burris TAC30 1-4x24 that is a great little scope. I've had it on 3 different rifles and it has been excellent. Very clear glass, nice forgiving eye box, good reticle, great illumination, and the price is right.

FYI Burris glass is made in the Philippines, except for their higher end stuff which is made in Japan. Their Filipino glass is definitely a cut above the Chinese stuff a lot of these other manufacturers are selling.

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are pretty good scopes. I have a FFII 3-9x40 that I've had for a while, and it is good glass. The BDC reticle is nice.

I also have a Burris TAC30 1-4x24 that is a great little scope. I've had it on 3 different rifles and it has been excellent. Very clear glass, nice forgiving eye box, good reticle, great illumination, and the price is right.

FYI Burris glass is made in the Philippines, except for their higher end stuff which is made in Japan. Their Filipino glass is definitely a cut above the Chinese stuff a lot of these other manufacturers are selling.

I didn't know that about their glass thanks for the info.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've owned three and still have two of them (A Fullfield II and a Timberline). My buddy still has the other Burris on the 700 30-06 I sold him 15 years ago. They're on my approved list.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own(ed) a full array of Burris, Nikon and Bushnell optics.

4200 > Monarch > 3200 > FFII > Buckmaster/ProStaff

Honestly, occasional trip to the range or general hunting - you won't be able to tell the difference. Get behind the scope for 3-4 hours at a time - you'll know the difference.

It really cracks me when they write reviews on "light transmission", "clarity" and "resolution" after 1 hour at the range with 5 different scopes. Human eye is an ultra-fast self-adjusting optical instrument that 99% of the time sees only what the brain tells it to see; you have to literally train the brain to see "the reality" and it takes time.

[Broken External Image]

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with Moboost.

Also to add: It is good to know they have good customer service and warranty work. However at what value is that, if 3 weeks before an out of state hunting trip you have a scope failure when double checking loads? If that happens, you will likely be buying a scope to prepare for the hunt instead of waiting for the warranty work. At this point you might not have the money to buy a good scope.

Buy once cry once.