Opinions on Burris optics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penman53

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I just bought one for my AR. Great optics and nice and clear. Zeroed in about 5 rounds and I shot the middle out of a target at 100 yards. The reticle is graduated as it has dots for 200 and 300. Makes it a really nice scope. I would definetly buy one again.

zcruse

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
well, I don't have much experience with Burris optics on a rifle. However, I did put their pistol scope on my 308 encore handgun after it broke the retical out of a Nikon within 10 shots of being mounted.... ~100 rounds later the Burris is still holding zero, no problems

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm picking up a Tac 30 tomorrow and driving straight to the range to sight it in before I use it in a 3 gun match on sunday. So, I should have a decent idea of how I like it after this weekend.

I've shot with their Fast Fire red dot and like it.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2 weekends ago I ran another 7 mile run 'n gun in the desert with my TAC30, this time on my .308 AR. It got wet and dirty and banged around a little, but it worked great as always.

coug

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would highly recommend looking at Vortex optics. I have shot Leopold and Nikon most of my life and when I went to vortex it blew them both out of the water. they have stout repeatable mechanics and really clear glass. They are a very reasonably priced piece of Glass and their customer service is second to none. I would be happy to answer any specifics on their line of optics.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a 3-9x40 Fullfield II on a Winchester 7WSM. Has performed flawlessly for me. I also have a Pentax pioneer on the same caliber rifle which has performed the same as the Burris. Damn good scope for the money.

Disclaimer: I'm not spending hours behind the glass because I use these for hunting applications and am spending most of my time looking through the binocs.