Opinions on my holster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shakel65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had Larry build a "Guide rig" style holster. We found examples on the internet and then he put his own twist on it with some upgrades. Turned out awesome. I need it to hold a Ruger Blackhawk or a Ruger Single 10. The Blackhawk is wider than the single 10 so Larry suggested adding a retention screw so I could adjust for each gun. Turned out perfect. He had the holster done quick. It looks great and works great. Thanks a lot to Larry, he's a great guy and a pleasure to deal with. Sorry for pic quality. Holster is even better in person.

Attachments

• 20161026_191753.jpg
    20161026_191753.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 220
  • 20161027_171311.jpg
    20161027_171311.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 263

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Just received my Avenger from Larry for my Ruger SR1911 9mm lightweight. Again, all I can say is awesome. Larry goes above and beyond when he builds a holster!

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How much for a pancake style for a 4 5/8" Ruger New Model Blackhawk? Brown/mahogany color, very little cant, right hand? Similar to the simply Rugged sourdough, but I wouldn't need the extra hole for crossdraw.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had Larry build a "Guide rig" style holster. We found examples on the internet and then he put his own twist on it with some upgrades. Turned out awesome. I need it to hold a Ruger Blackhawk or a Ruger Single 10. The Blackhawk is wider than the single 10 so Larry suggested adding a retention screw so I could adjust for each gun. Turned out perfect. He had the holster done quick. It looks great and works great. Thanks a lot to Larry, he's a great guy and a pleasure to deal with. Sorry for pic quality. Holster is even better in person.

You're choking that poor dog. Animal cruelty.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a super sweet holster Bub! I'm jealous because there's a guy in Lawton that's supposed to be making me a lefty for my Martha 44, but I have yet to hear from him. Congrats on finding such a talented leathersmith!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, I have a paperback holster making book that I bought from KingGabby 2 years ago and I never found time to get involved with the art. Anyone interested in it can shoot me a message.

Man, I wish you'd just PM Larry and offer him that book. He's a good guy and has made a lot of holsters for people here on OSA. He's got talent, and might find that info helpful, which pays off for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom