OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man what a cold and nasty day.

We have been doing our social distancing up here at the lake house here on Grand now starting on our 4th week. We close our business down then and came up here to ride it out. Much more to do here than being stuck in the city at home.
We have been going back to OKC to pick up our mail at our business, going by to check on the house and going to our kids house to feed their fish and water their plants. I looks like we will be up here for at least the whole month of April

Oh well, looks like more fishing, boating, projects around the place. It is really quite and peaceful up here. Our neighbors are great and everyone is really taking precautions not to get the virus.

This was my project for the past 3 days. I turned my 8ft X 12ft shed into a 8ft X 20ft shop. It was fun and it kept my mind off of being unemployed. Now to find something else to build since the weather turned. lol

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    60.9 KB · Views: 165
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 184
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 201
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 202

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hung and wired a couple of ceiling fans in the shop today. Had them for a couple of years, but never had to time to do that. Done today.
Tomorrow will start on running conduit for a 50 amp RV service port on the side of the shop where we park the RV when not on the road.
Bought all the conduit and 8 ga wire a couple of months ago before this mess, but need two or three more PVC pieces to finish. Might just mail order them and not go into Lowes. I could caucasian engineer to make it work, but I'm kinda anal about everything being plumb, NEC acceptable and properly done. Gotta be purty too.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Over the last couple days I have been going through a bunch of computers and getting them running. Gave one to a neighbor so she can use her tv screen and actually see what she is doing. Have the other for a member who is having computer issues if they want it and another one just sitting here, not sure what I will do with that one. Another I dropped one of my old Radeon 6850's in and tossed Linux Mint on it for whatever. Going to fix a really old one to throw whatever on just for old nostalgic games that will not run on anything else and then need to go through some other parts and see what I can piece together. Most of the stuff isn't anything super great but still works. Had someone give me an xplore i104C5 not long ago and started to install linux Mint on it which worked pretty well but the bootloader didn't want to install right so not sure what is going on there. Still have the point of sale systems sitting around but don't want to throw money at them for no reason unless they will have a use somewhere.

But just trying to keep myself busy, been 3 weeks since I went to the store. Out of bread and a few other things but honestly not bad off yet, lol. Though I am sure the people who bought huge bags of rice and are now getting into that are wondering how long they can stand to eat it plain. I did some with chicken bullion and a little seasoning and then fried it with some ham and vegetables the last couple days and then toss some different seasonings in with it and make a little sauce. Still have a couple full hams and a turkey in the freezer but not sure I am ready to get into that yet. I think Monday morning will end up being a shopping day.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Over the last couple days I have been going through a bunch of computers and getting them running. Gave one to a neighbor so she can use her tv screen and actually see what she is doing. Have the other for a member who is having computer issues if they want it and another one just sitting here, not sure what I will do with that one. Another I dropped one of my old Radeon 6850's in and tossed Linux Mint on it for whatever. Going to fix a really old one to throw whatever on just for old nostalgic games that will not run on anything else and then need to go through some other parts and see what I can piece together. Most of the stuff isn't anything super great but still works. Had someone give me an xplore i104C5 not long ago and started to install linux Mint on it which worked pretty well but the bootloader didn't want to install right so not sure what is going on there. Still have the point of sale systems sitting around but don't want to throw money at them for no reason unless they will have a use somewhere.

But just trying to keep myself busy, been 3 weeks since I went to the store. Out of bread and a few other things but honestly not bad off yet, lol. Though I am sure the people who bought huge bags of rice and are now getting into that are wondering how long they can stand to eat it plain. I did some with chicken bullion and a little seasoning and then fried it with some ham and vegetables the last couple days and then toss some different seasonings in with it and make a little sauce. Still have a couple full hams and a turkey in the freezer but not sure I am ready to get into that yet. I think Monday morning will end up being a shopping day.
I basically can't stand to eat a bowl of rice. But with that being said, it works as a great filler when making meatballs cooked in tomato juice or meat loaf, etc. The grains absorb the flavor of the dish being cooked, and work to stretch out that pound of ground beef or elk/deer in my situation. We use Minute rice because it cooks quicker, but regular rice works as well, just have to add some additional moisture.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I basically can't stand to eat a bowl of rice. But with that being said, it works as a great filler when making meatballs cooked in tomato juice or meat loaf, etc. The grains absorb the flavor of the dish being cooked, and work to stretch out that pound of ground beef or elk/deer in my situation. We use Minute rice because it cooks quicker, but regular rice works as well, just have to add some additional moisture.

Most people can't stand just plain rice. And my best guess is that the majority of the ones who bought huge bags will end up throwing a lot of it away. Even at a restaurant the rice ends up with some sort of sauce mixed in with it and a lot of people will get to that point and have nothing to make it with. I used to cook taco meat, rice with beef bullion and taco seasoning, refried beans, black beans and then add cheese, lettuce and tomato and just make a big taco bowl or have it however. As you said, it's ok with some flavor or something else added but on it's own there isn't a lot there to really enjoy unless you like really bland food.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mom called those Porcupine Meatballs One of my favorites.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you'd like to try a new 'filler' for your meatloaf/meatballs, try ground up Funyons! About the only way I make those now.

Speaking of Funyons, a buddy put on a fish fry back in January. His breading included funyons, ritz crackers, and a couple of other crackers like that. It was actually pretty good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom