OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning guys from beautiful cold Grand Lake. Man, I was out on the boat everyday last week in shorts and t-shirt.
It sure feels like winter has returned. For this week anyway.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning guys,
Well I am finally back to some sort of normal. We closed our business on March 16th and just reopened this past Tuesday.
We were officially closed for 11 weeks.
As soon as we closed, we shut our house up here in Yukon and went to our lake house up on Grand lake. We were there the whole time. Thank goodness for that. It sucked being unemployed for that long. We have a great community up there and our neighbors kept me really busy. I built decks, stained decks, power washed boats, rebuilt signs for the park, laid new flooring and even installed 4 boat lifts last week.
I love every minute of it and got a real taste of what the retired life feels like.
It got my wife and I to start really thinking about moving up there permanently. We will see what happens in the next few months.
Glad to be back to the forum.

Last edited:

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning guys,
Well I am finally back to some sort of normal. We closed our business on March 16th and just reopened this past Tuesday.
We were officially closed for 11 weeks.
As soon as we closed, we shut our house up here in Yukon and went to our lake house up on Grand lake. We were there the whole time. Thank goodness for that. It sucked be unemployed for that long. We have a great community up there and our neighbors kept me really busy. I built decks, stained decks, power washed boats, rebuilt signs for the park, laid new flooring and even installed 4 boat lifts last week.
I love every minute of it and got a real taste of what the retired life feels like.
It got my wife and I to start really thinking about moving up there permanently. We will see what happens in the next few months.
Glad to be back to the forum.

Color me jealous . . . :)

I'm just under 5 years away from mandatory retirement. Can't wait. Would actually love to do it sooner if possible, but our youngest will start college at UCO in the fall.

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WORD OF ADVICE: Get retired as soon as you can; it's absolutely the BEST way to make a living. I can't even begin to think about going to work anymore. Nope' no worky for me.
Some people told me I'd go crazy not working, and that I was foolish to retire so early. Not. I am not crazy yet, and enjoy having nothing important to do.

Last edited:

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WORD OF ADVICE: Get retired as soon as you can; it's absolutely the BEST way to make a living. I can't even begin to think aboiut going to work anymore. Nope' no worky for me.
Some people told me I'd go crazy not working, and that I was foolish to retire so early. Not. I am not crazy yet, and enjoy having nothing important to do.

I'm not planning to find a new job . . . of course my dad is going to need help managing my brother's land and cattle so I'm sure I'll get looped into that at some point, but I'll definitely enjoy being able to do my own thing.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WORD OF ADVICE: Get retired as soon as you can; it's absolutely the BEST way to make a living. I can't even begin to think about going to work anymore. Nope' no worky for me.

Well, I can agree to some degree, but the wife and I did take on a Summer work gig last year and are repeating it again this year. My philosophy is that if we can't be out there in the RV, seeing new country, then we can be out here (in Indiana) seeing new country and getting paid for doing that.

It's really hard to drive around all day and getting paid for it. And, since we can live on our retirement incomes, all this earning of money is pure gravy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom