OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning from lovely Dallas. The 31 temp is absolutely balmy compared to what OKC temp sounds like. I believe we will stay here a bit longer than we planned. But the coffee is just as good sitting here. Stay smart!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good morning, Everyone. We are scheduled to have the floors done in the new (to us) house tomorrow and Friday, so today is an off day when we don't have to drive to the house and do stuff. Once the floors are done, youngest son can start setting up his home office (he works from home) and moving other stuff in. Of course, all of this moving stuff is going to be in really cold weather. We'll be so glad to get him out of his apartment up along "Firewood Lane."

Meanwhile, some pictures. While Oklahoma has its own Red Rock Canyon, one that may be better known (at least to photographers) is the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area out by Las Vegas, NV.

Overall, I wasn't too impressed with southern Nevada, although Red Rock Canyon was interesting. We are hoping to spend time in Idaho in the future so we can check out more there and areas of surrounding states to Idaho, so with luck, I can someday check out northern Nevada. I hear the Lake Tahoe area is beautiful.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Terry, I remain quite jealous of your travels and photography skills. Really enjoy seeing your pics, and we have been doing some travel planning for the Spring & Summer including some of the locations you have shown us. Thanks!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Terry, I remain quite jealous of your travels and photography skills. Really enjoy seeing your pics, and we have been doing some travel planning for the Spring & Summer including some of the locations you have shown us. Thanks!

David,

Don't be jealous of my photography skills. I pretty much just purchase good cameras and lenses and set the cameras to an automatic mode, thus making them a very expensive "point and shoot" camera. If I have any skill at all, it is just with composure, and even that lacks a bit. I have LOTS of pictures of lakes that lean.

But, thanks anyway. And, good luck with the traveling.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The flooring guys came out and put in new carpet in the son's new house. That stuff is soft to walk on. Since there isn't any furniture (to speak of there), I'm probably going to take a pillow tomorrow and sleep on the floor.

(I seem to do that fairly regularly. Wife can't understand how it is that I can sleep just about anywhere.)

On the other hand, we did put a bed foundation together today, so maybe I'll take an air mattress and check that out.

As for the pictures this time, my mother was a self-taught artist. She started out with charcoal and ended up doing oil painting. Since she was a '40's/'50's/'60's stay at home mom, she did so to have something to do. Later on, after I graduated and went to the Army, she and Dad divorced, and because she had never had formal employment type training, she decided to teach others to paint. I have absolutely NO TALENT for painting and one painting that I did work on is still an unfinished one. However, watching her paint and what she chose to paint must have helped me in learning composure for photography.

This last one is special to me. She painted it for the wife an I. I don't think one can make it out, but Mom put our names on the boats.

At one time, when we lived in regular homes and apartments, we had as many as 65 of her paintings. Most are now stored with my sister, but we still have some small ones in our RV.

Latest posts

Top Bottom