OSU Football 2019?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
So I've seen some good meltdowns from OSU fans on FB about this loss.... calling for Gundy's head. You boys feel the same way? I don't think you'll find someone that loyal and of his caliber. OSU has become quite the breeding ground for offensive skill players. Seems if you lose Gundy, someone might come in and do well, but if they do, they'll leave.

I was across the parking lot at Iron Maiden but followed along on the play by play. Playing calling appeared to be an issue just reading along with what was happening at the time, Curious to see how things roll without T Boone around. As far as calling for his dismissal, not sure what everyone was expecting from an unranked team, playing another unranked team away, in the Cotton Bowl as an underdog.......and they lost as was expected. A win would have been fantastic, but Ostate was expected to lose.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As an O-State fan,I was disappointed, but not surprised. I did not like some of the play calling, especially the fake FG, but I do like Gundy as a coach. Prior to the season I predicted a close loss to Texas and a loss to UoFO, and I-State. I believe we will beat KU and TT. The remainder I say will be toss ups.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not gloating. Just saying that OSU is not up to the same level as Texas now that they seem to have gotten their staff back to at least close to where it was during the Mack Brown years.

The young Qback playing for OSU is just getting his feet wet. He did do some nice scrambling, and seemed to play better as far as being composed than that last game where he got flustered. But I’ll agree that the Pokes got out coached, and also that Texas IS back it seems. How much back remains to be seen, when they play OU, we’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Not gloating. Just saying that OSU is not up to the same level as Texas now that they seem to have gotten their staff back to at least close to where it was during the Mack Brown years.

Not up to the same level? They played like crap, got penalized for stupid false starts a gazillion times, got ripped off on the spot that should have been a first down and then probably/maybe a TD, and lost by 6 points. I wouldn’t be tooting your longhorn too loud there Bevo. Your guys might learn to field a punt before the next game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the Pokes were out coached, not out played. Texas seemed well prepared, while it almost seemed like OSU forgot to plan.

The players and fans deserve better.
I must have watched a different game. OSU always seems to play Texas tough but after watching an earlier Texas game this year I honestly thought they'd beat the Pokes by at least 17 and possibly more. What I saw on the field Saturday was a Texas team that seemed to be asleep at times and an OSU team that could have beat them save for having to beat Texas, the refs, and themselves. Texas was not sharp at all Saturday for a lot of the 2nd half anyway. Texas is a legitimate threat to OU and the Pokes could have pounded them with better play calling and fair officiating. The players played a pretty good game overall. Yes they are young, they made some mistakes, but it wasn't all game long or anything.

Gundy needs to start calling the plays himself again, his guy is as predictable as the sun coming up in the east inside the red zone. No imagination at all there and Texas had their number. Or maybe Gundy was calling those and he needs to sit down and let things play out. I dunno, but the OSU players on the field were at least as good as the 12th ranked team they played on Saturday. Was Texas looking past them and almost have it bite them in the a$$? Probably...

Latest posts

Top Bottom