1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

OSU Football 2019?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Parks 788, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Okie4570

Okie4570 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I was across the parking lot at Iron Maiden but followed along on the play by play. Playing calling appeared to be an issue just reading along with what was happening at the time, Curious to see how things roll without T Boone around. As far as calling for his dismissal, not sure what everyone was expecting from an unranked team, playing another unranked team away, in the Cotton Bowl as an underdog.......and they lost as was expected. A win would have been fantastic, but Ostate was expected to lose.

2. CorpsVet

CorpsVet Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    As an O-State fan,I was disappointed, but not surprised. I did not like some of the play calling, especially the fake FG, but I do like Gundy as a coach. Prior to the season I predicted a close loss to Texas and a loss to UoFO, and I-State. I believe we will beat KU and TT. The remainder I say will be toss ups.

3. Ignored Member

Ignored Member Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Texas is finally coming back, and the world is right again.
    OSU had some wins when Texas was junk, congrats. That time is over for now though.

druryj likes this.
  4. CorpsVet

CorpsVet Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    That type of gloating makes you sound like a Norman Normal Premature Ejaculaters fan

pstmstr and druryj like this.
  5. Ignored Member

Ignored Member Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Not gloating. Just saying that OSU is not up to the same level as Texas now that they seem to have gotten their staff back to at least close to where it was during the Mack Brown years.

6. druryj

druryj Administrator Staff Member

Administrator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    The young Qback playing for OSU is just getting his feet wet. He did do some nice scrambling, and seemed to play better as far as being composed than that last game where he got flustered. But I’ll agree that the Pokes got out coached, and also that Texas IS back it seems. How much back remains to be seen, when they play OU, we’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kwaynem likes this.
  7. Oklahomabassin

Oklahomabassin Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I hoped they would have beat Texas.

okierider, SoonerP226 and kwaynem like this.
  8. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Tx is nationally ranked at #12. I thought OSU did a pretty good job against them not being in the top 25.

okierider and kwaynem like this.
  9. pstmstr

pstmstr Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Not up to the same level? They played like crap, got penalized for stupid false starts a gazillion times, got ripped off on the spot that should have been a first down and then probably/maybe a TD, and lost by 6 points. I wouldn’t be tooting your longhorn too loud there Bevo. Your guys might learn to field a punt before the next game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

zipty6 and kirk1978 like this.
  10. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I must have watched a different game. OSU always seems to play Texas tough but after watching an earlier Texas game this year I honestly thought they'd beat the Pokes by at least 17 and possibly more. What I saw on the field Saturday was a Texas team that seemed to be asleep at times and an OSU team that could have beat them save for having to beat Texas, the refs, and themselves. Texas was not sharp at all Saturday for a lot of the 2nd half anyway. Texas is a legitimate threat to OU and the Pokes could have pounded them with better play calling and fair officiating. The players played a pretty good game overall. Yes they are young, they made some mistakes, but it wasn't all game long or anything.

Gundy needs to start calling the plays himself again, his guy is as predictable as the sun coming up in the east inside the red zone. No imagination at all there and Texas had their number. Or maybe Gundy was calling those and he needs to sit down and let things play out. I dunno, but the OSU players on the field were at least as good as the 12th ranked team they played on Saturday. Was Texas looking past them and almost have it bite them in the a$$? Probably...

pstmstr likes this.