1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

    You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

OSU Football 2019?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Parks 788, Aug 1, 2019.

  1. pstmstr

    pstmstr Sharpshooter

    Supporter
    Messages:
    4,528
    Likes Received:
    3,192
    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2006
    Location:
    OKC
    Rating
    100%
  2. dlbleak

    dlbleak Super Moderator Staff Member

    Moderator Supporter
    Messages:
    13,947
    Likes Received:
    9,187
    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2009
    Location:
    edmond
    Rating
    100%
    I heard the excerpt from that. The reporter asks if Pickens left a gift card for gundy to get a haircut. Gundy told it was jackasses like him that gave real journalists a bad name. Pretty funny really
     
    dennishoddy and pstmstr like this.
  3. ronny

    ronny Sharpshooter

    Supporter
    Messages:
    6,157
    Likes Received:
    875
    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2009
    Location:
    Ardmore
    Rating
    100%
    My take! Texas stacked against the run; OSU stacked against the pass. It worked reasonably well for both of them. 36-30 is not what you would have expected from either of these two teams.
    "Kick the coach" is a favorite OSU fan chant. Yet, it's really hard to objectively find a plethora of bad coaching decisions. The fake field goal, especially after the penalty, could have been a great call. Unfortunately, the holder/passer made a very bad pitch.
    The ball spot fiasco at the end chapped me more than anything. I think that was a homey. The ball was clearly further advanced than they called it.
    As a group, Texas has superior linemen on both sides of the ball. Hubbard was "held" to 121 yds because he was run up the middle for the entire first half (coaching criticism?). Going the other way, OSU played a 3-man front most of the night, which really benefitted the secondary. Unfortunately, it only takes one or two miscues on defense to change the game. As an aside, Green works really well 90% of the time, but he invariably gets burned the other 10%.
    I could go on, but why? When it was over, I felt "Well, for a loss, that wasn't all that bad", but then I felt "Crap, what could have been"?

    I'd run Hubbard outside tackle 'til his tongue hung out.
     
  4. pstmstr

    pstmstr Sharpshooter

    Supporter
    Messages:
    4,528
    Likes Received:
    3,192
    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2006
    Location:
    OKC
    Rating
    100%
    Nice assessment. The bad news/good news is my brother is a huge Texas fan. OSU lost but he gave me 7 points for $100 so I can live with it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
     
  5. ronny

    ronny Sharpshooter

    Supporter
    Messages:
    6,157
    Likes Received:
    875
    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2009
    Location:
    Ardmore
    Rating
    100%
    If I’d won $100, I’d feel a heck of a lot better.
     
  6. pstmstr

    pstmstr Sharpshooter

    Supporter
    Messages:
    4,528
    Likes Received:
    3,192
    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2006
    Location:
    OKC
    Rating
    100%
    Yeah, thought I was going to have to call 911 for him when TX took a knee from the 20 with 25 seconds left.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
     
  7. ronny

    ronny Sharpshooter

    Supporter
    Messages:
    6,157
    Likes Received:
    875
    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2009
    Location:
    Ardmore
    Rating
    100%
    Chuckle.
     
  8. Ignored Member

    Ignored Member Sharpshooter

    Messages:
    6,422
    Likes Received:
    2,535
    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2009
    Location:
    Oklahoma City
    Rating
    100%
    Texas gave OSU 14 points by missing the kick returns. OSU was lucky to have scored as much as they did.
     
  9. pstmstr

    pstmstr Sharpshooter

    Supporter
    Messages:
    4,528
    Likes Received:
    3,192
    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2006
    Location:
    OKC
    Rating
    100%
    Oh well, at least OSU roughed up some Texas players for OU so their players can show up drunk and still have a chance.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
     
  10. dennishoddy

    dennishoddy Sharpshooter

    Supporter
    Messages:
    72,056
    Likes Received:
    30,115
    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2008
    Location:
    Ponca City Ok
    Rating
    100%
    What's wrong with drunk football playing? We used to have an office vs the shop flag football game every winter. A bottle of Jack Daniels may or may not have been passed around in the huddles to ward off the chill in the air between plays.......
     
    kwaynem likes this.

Share This Page