OTF Auto's. Legal or not.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The law only changed the wording, or lack of, for spring assisted knives
The auto/push button ones are still questionable

That's incorrect - HB 1911 specifically removed the language stating that switchblades and/or any knife that opens by pressing a "button, spring, or other device" in the handle is illegal.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's incorrect - HB 1911 specifically removed the language stating that switchblades and/or any knife that opens by pressing a "button, spring, or other device" in the handle is illegal.
Yep. Twoguns? is a year late--the bill to remove "spring-type" was passed in 2014; HB 1911 was passed this year and will take effect on November 1st.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, I'm not right?, I said "questionable" because I don't agree with it....
The "question" is will you still carry one
Thanks for setting me straight..... ;)
Illegal they are....

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, I'm not right?, I said "questionable" because I don't agree with it....
The "question" is will you still carry one
Thanks for setting me straight..... ;)
Illegal they are....

My apologies; I didn't read from your post that you were questioning whether or not to carry an OTF. I'm confused regarding your last statement of "Illegal they are...", however - to what is that referring?

-Corey-

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's impossible for anyone to determine what's legal and what's not when proper definitions aren't referenced in the law. IMO a dagger is a double edged fixed blade, however that may not be how the law is interpreted by a LEO or judge.

It's ironic how we always hear about "common sense" laws. Seems to me that there's already a bunch of laws regarding weapons that make absolutely no sense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom