1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

OU suspends players for playoff semifinal

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bigred1, Dec 18, 2019.

1. druryj

druryj Administrator Staff Member

Administrator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    What does?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kwaynem likes this.
  2. KOPBET

KOPBET Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Not that kind of "performance enhancement" :bolt:

3. bigred1

bigred1 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Well, it does...:blush:

dennishoddy likes this.
  4. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Lots of folks gnashing teeth and saying it was only weed. How do they know? Doesn't really matter, Riley ought to put these guys in the transfer portal himself. They knew the rules and still tried to game the system further hurting their team's already slim chance with all the starters out due to injury. They ought to be out of a Sooner jersey on that count alone.

Now if it turns out to be a PED from some supplement they were taking that's completely different. Those things are so numerous and so unregulated it'd be totally understandable they could get dinged. Hoping that's what the appeals are about, because I don't think a MMJ card is going to cut it with the NCAA.

kwaynem and dennishoddy like this.
  5. SoonerP226

SoonerP226 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    If it was "just weed," I don't think that merits giving them the heave-ho. It's not like they went out and committed a felony or actually injured anyone. Yeah, they may have hurt the team's chances of winning, but that's a matter for the coaches and their teammates to address, not anyone else, IMHO.

It does, however, merit the suspension; there are plenty of things that are otherwise perfectly legal to do that violate the NCAA's rules, and they'd get penalized for doing those things, too. Whether you like the rules or not, they are the rules, and you have to pay the price when you get caught breaking them.

kwaynem and dennishoddy like this.
  6. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Riley made a good call. If he didn't take the path he took, the NCAA could come down with sanctions and worse.

Glock 40, druryj and kwaynem like this.
  7. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    It's about what is right and what is wrong. Riley took the high road and I'm damn glad of it.
    That is one thing that pissed me off about Stoops. He went lightly on his players stoooopid mistakes during the game and before bowl games.

pstmstr likes this.
  8. TeleStratMan

TeleStratMan Sharpshooter

As a Bama Fan I think Bob Stoops did a great job with the OU football program and Lincoln Riley is off to an even better start. Discipline is part of any team whether its the military or a football team. LR is a great football coach and just doing what he has to do.
    Also second chances are important and for those objective folks here's a short Nick Saban video on giving kids/young men second chances after they screw up.
    I remember the verbal beating that Bob Stoops took after Joe Mixon screwed up and Bob gave him a second chance.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    Jwryan84 likes this.
  9. Glock 40

Glock 40 Problem Solver

Rating
    100%
    Verbal beating vs Broken face. Yeah that poor Bob Stoops. What is amazing is someone can run a clean program and win the big 12. Who knew that could be done..

Snattlerake likes this.