OUCH!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After I got hit and pulled out most of the damage with a truck and cahin.

57wrk.jpg
57wrk2.jpg

And after I made a fiberglass bumper from my old bent twisted bumper.
Cheapest path I could take.
001.JPG

And that was a terrible ordeal making the bumper fit right and I used some old pitted fenders I had laying around.
001.JPG

But now it is back to towing duty and hunt-fish duty.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There used to be a guy down south of Glenpool that did bumpers, chrome etc. He probably could have straightened that bumper out fairly reasonable. BTW you did a great job fabricating the fiberglass bumper and straightening the fenders.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks :) It may be a 10 footer. Best part was I shaved off a bunch of weight.
The stock bumper is 50 lbs the fiberglass one with brackets is 5 lbs.
Inner fenders I removed 25 lbs each. other stuff I did not weigh but I bet another 15 lbs at least.

I needed to lighten it as my buddies are all going LS 6.0 and i have this 1969 300HP 350 that I warmed over..I still get better MPG than they do. and I could slightly beat a couple of them through the 1/4. They catch me at 100-110 MPH though.
I could use some headers as the ex manifolds are killing it a bit.

This weight drop should help.
Took enough weight off the front that I need to mod my front springs as the suspension is at the upper end of the travel.. well almost I have 1/4" clearance between upper A arm and the rubber snubber.

I also have some weld drag lights for the front of this.. and will stick on lighter tires.
Those 7" wheels on it now weigh 25 lbs each.
Race weight was 3800 with me in it.. Curious as to what it will weigh next time out.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The after pics look a lot better than the before ones. Next time you race those LS 6.0 cars take off those four doors and put some plastic up to seal off the extra drag and with all that weight reduction you might be able to gain 3 or 4 car lengths and out run the other ones too.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea I wish I could jeepafy it.. then i would need to jack it up even higher and paint it camo.
And then slap my solid lifter 434ci. BBC and 2" fenderwell headers into it with a tunnel-ram sticking out of the hood.

It may not bee too far from the BBC tunnel-ram deal..as the hood is a bit tweaked also. Inner fenders are out so my headers will fit.
If headers do not get me where I want to be against my buddies i may pull the 268H out and change to a larger grind first though.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is not far from the truth. I would get along just fine there.
My rear shocks are from a 2000 S15 I welded different top brackets to them.
The rear springs are like 1996 chevy truck I made lower adapter plates from some 1/4" steel plate.
Ford truck 9" under the rear.
Master cylinder from a 67 camaro. Waterpump pulley is a fabed piece from a ford and a chevy welded together to make the right spacing to fit the lower 89 camaro crank pulley and ford alternator pulley all serpentine type.

Redrilled ford flex fan and Ford alternator bracket modified to fit the GM internal regulated alternator.
My air filter cover is an OLD original Moon spun aluminum wheel disc.

The trans cooler is from a full size van. Can't remember if it was ford or chevy.
Exhaust pipe is corner post from chain link fence and some bends from pull-a-part to get over the rearend.

My 47 dodge truck is ratted together even worse. I have pinto front end and 9" rear and harley davidson blinker lenses and motorcycle 1157 sockets behind them in the front.. Impalla tail lenses with mitsubishi eclipse sockets.
Honda steering Ujoint Ford Van fuel tank with Ford mustang inlet and float cover welded in.
Chevy engine. With the same modified pulleys and Ford van mastercylinder.
Window tracks and rollers are from out from under a kitchen drawer.. yes drawer slides.
Rear sway bar is a bent modified Ford explorer and front sway bar is a 300ZX unit tweaked of course.
Run whatcha brung.

Not the same old boring stuff here. I suppose welcome to little Cuba.

Latest posts

Top Bottom