Out of the way 'ranges' near Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webmogul

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are moving back to Tulsa in mid july and was wondering if there are any non-official ranges in the outlining area. I'm in Vegas now and there are LOTS of area here where we go shoot. Basically some place to go and shoot sh*t up/plinking with lead rounds, etc. whenever we want.

There is even a map of these area available (includes some regular ranges):

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...7307845970885075787.00045c5aeb297782be565&z=9

ANything like that in the Tulsa/Sapulpa/BA area?

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
one public range at wagoner
Here Oklahoma Citizens own the land (private property)
versus out west where the BLM controls everything and you can trespass without much problem.

ifly58

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there is Sand Springs Sportsmans Club just west of Tulsa, also, south of Tulsa is a place called Happy Hollow Gun Range, dont have to join this one, just pay $10 every time you go shooting

webmogul

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
there is Sand Springs Sportsmans Club just west of Tulsa, also, south of Tulsa is a place called Happy Hollow Gun Range, dont have to join this one, just pay $10 every time you go shooting

I was there a couple weeks ago. not bad, but I can't bring whatever I want as far as targets to shoot as far as I know. I did see one guy with a metal reactive target at the pistol end though.

would be nice to shoot something other than standard targets and not have to sit at a bench as well. A lot of guys out here shoot various stuff, be it old computers, balloons with a little flour in them, propped up clay pigeons, etc. even tannerite (oh yea...)

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If people would clean up their mess more places might allow it. We have a hard enough time getting people to put their paper targets and ammo boxes in trash cans 10 feet away!

I was there a couple weeks ago. not bad, but I can't bring whatever I want as far as targets to shoot as far as I know. I did see one guy with a metal reactive target at the pistol end though.

would be nice to shoot something other than standard targets and not have to sit at a bench as well. A lot of guys out here shoot various stuff, be it old computers, balloons with a little flour in them, propped up clay pigeons, etc. even tannerite (oh yea...)

webmogul

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear ya. that can be a problem out here as well, but a couple times a year groups of guys organize a clean up party. Just had one this past weekend. A couple of vendors came out to show and sell, people got together and had a good time; as well as cleaned up one of the ranges.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a WMA near Oklmulgee that if you have a valid hunting license you can shoot for free. 1-25 yard line and 1- 100, 150, 250 line.

Latest posts

Top Bottom