Outdoor canning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have seen some of the exploded tops of those glass cook tops.
I hate my aunts stove top.
Try to cook an egg set temp to 4 just under 1/2 heat.
The effin thing will glow red hot then cool to dark.. then glow red hot and cool to dark again and again.
WTF!!!
I refuse to cook on that thing.. can't regulate heat at all.. it is designed to do that also.
IDIOTS!!
I cook outside with sticks when i go over there. hate new crap like that.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it's a weight issue, it likely by manufacturer and model as to how much weight is too much; some sturdier units may be able to handle a canner with no problem.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seen some of the exploded tops of those glass cook tops.
I hate my aunts stove top.
Try to cook an egg set temp to 4 just under 1/2 heat.
The effin thing will glow red hot then cool to dark.. then glow red hot and cool to dark again and again.
WTF!!!
I refuse to cook on that thing.. can't regulate heat at all.. it is designed to do that also.
IDIOTS!!
I cook outside with sticks when i go over there. hate new crap like that.

About to move into a place with one of those stove tops. Never used them but ive heard friends complain..much like you did.
I plan on using cast iron. Im thinking it will hold and distribute heat evenly. Just have to be careful due to the weight and scratching i guess

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like my glass top stove but it also says not to can on it. I did some more reading (google is your friend) and apparently manufacturers are making the tops thinner and thinner which means they cannot support the weight.

If I was a canning type person (I'm not, that's why I have the big Excalibur dehydrator with all the bells and whistles and have the big HR FD in layaway) I'd be doing it outside, too.

When you give it a try, @Snake we need a thread to see how it goes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom