OUTRAGE: “COWARD” CONGRESSMEN ALLOW ‘WOMEN REGISTERING FOR DRAFT’ TO BE TAKEN OUT OF BILL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Outrage: "Coward" Congressmen Allow 'Women Registering For Draft' To Be Taken Out Of Bill

I read the news from the ASMDSS(Awesome **** My Drill Sergeant Said) FaceBook page and with a simple comment....an internet meme is born. I had no idea I would get that many likes or comments, or that anyone would make a meme image from it, but here it is.

13254592_10210521533010707_4940306560866545005_n.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My sons are way beyond this, but when they were in school and reached 16 yrs old I think, they had to register for the draft, although there was no draft.
Is this still the requirement?

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes it is still a requirement and there was wording in a recent bill that would've made women also register(but it was removed), the draft is still for men only(as of now).

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep registration for the "selective services" still has to be done but they claim that the likelihood of a draft ever being used again is pretty low. But I look at it like being a part of the militia, someone claims that there is no longer a militia and I can easily prove them otherwise... well for men at least.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, so what specifically makes the people that removed the requirement for women to register for the draft "cowards"? I don't get it.

Aren't we all about equal opportunity now? Haven't feminist been fighting for this? Are we not now integrating women into combat roles?

Now the old conservative republican guard wants to keep women in their place(the kitchen)..... Surely you know I'm being facetious, but that's about how it played out in DC anyways.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aren't we all about equal opportunity now? Haven't feminist been fighting for this? Are we not now integrating women into combat roles?

Now the old conservative republican guard wants to keep women in their place(the kitchen)..... Surely you know I'm being facetious, but that's about how it played out in DC anyways.
Okay, I guess. Seems to me more like they've grown a pair to go with their convictions/traditional values; I consider the cowards to be the ones that cave to the PC crowd ... but I guess in the end that's all just a matter of perspective.

chigger digger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
perhaps we could make it voluntary for both sexes........print the draft card on the back of the voter card !! Voting is more meaningful when you have a little skin in the game !!

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think if women want to integrate into combat roles and can do so without lowering standards or squad performance on the battlefield, they should be able to.....and that is about as far as I will go with my opinion on the matter.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think if women want to integrate into combat roles and can do so without lowering standards or squad performance on the battlefield, they should be able to.....and that is about as far as I will go with my opinion on the matter.
I can agree with that, but I've always found myself wondering about the logistics. I was in one of the early "co-ed" units in the mid 70's and frankly there was a significant amount of work involved in erecting facilities (bunk, latrine, shower) for the use of the females every time the unit relocated. Maybe they've found a better method by now, hope so at least.

Latest posts

Top Bottom