Pass a law please.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, that makes WAY too much sense ;)

And it's a completely different circumstance. As I stated, I have no obligation to read the littany of signs a commercial business posts. If they have a greeter at the door telling me that my gun isn't welcome, I'll turn around and leave. If it's not that important to the business owner, then it's not that important to me. :)

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I respect their wishes and disarm and am killed as a result, then I have just died for their misguided politics and I think there should be a consequence for that.

That's where we differ. You didn't just die for their misguided politics...you died because you willingly compromised your own safety mechanisms in pursuit of the material goods or services behind their doors. I continue to miss how that is their fault.

We like to flaunt the anecdote that gun free zones cause crime or are targets for crime. Who's got numbers to support that contention in regards to business establishments (excluding schools and public buildings)?

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OMG..................You carry and you don't tell everyone! !
tsk tsk tsk
:ooh2:

Didn't realize I'd get this much response on my simple ill thought out question.
:-)

It really depends. First, consider that you might be able to file on his homeowners policy regardless. Secoond, the payout (if any) might hinge on what steps he took to mitigate the likelihood of your injury. Did he lock the door behind you? Does he keep a firearm for home protection?

I certainly know this. I don't necessarily tell everyone I know that I carry (OSA notwithstanding). However, if a "friend" doesn't want me to carry in their home, I'm not entering that home under any circumstances. :)

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That's where we differ. You didn't just die for their misguided politics...you died because you willingly compromised your own safety mechanisms in pursuit of the material goods or services behind their doors. I continue to miss how that is their fault.

We like to flaunt the anecdote that gun free zones cause crime or are targets for crime. Who's got numbers to support that contention in regards to business establishments (excluding schools and public buildings)?
You can't exclude public buildings and schools because they are gun free zones. The numbers are in the news. What recent shooting where people were killed didn't happen in a gun free zone? I think none, unless I'm mistaken. We never see coverage of the failed attempts that take place in locations where guns are allowed.
As far as willingly disarming, blah blah blah, sure that's how it is now but given their way the gun grabbers would hang signs on every business and make them legally binding like the 30.06 sign in Texas. Sure we mostly have a choice now but where do you think they're going with this?
Oh yeah, way to take what I said out of context. There was a little more to my post than that.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

It would be easier to count the ones that didn't occur at gun free locations. I can think of one:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/1...unded-in-shooting-at-michigan-police-station/

Singularis

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
SMS has the right of this -- though I would go further and say that individuals have every right to withhold consent to associate with anyone (whether commercially, socially, sexually, or any other type of association) based on race, alienage, nationality, religion, disability, preferred brand of toilet paper, or any other damn thing they want. Anything less is involuntary servitude, pure and simple. The amount of freedom in a society can be measured precisely by the ratio of interactions that are voluntary to those which are the result of threats of force.

The collectivism and state supremacism are strong in this thread.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So a sign denying service to Muslims, gays, trannys, etc. is fine? Really need to get rid of the "we don't take kindly to your kind around here" mindset.

Yes, it's fine. The property owner should be free to choose who he allows on his property, period.

By the same token, those he offends can "vote with their wallets", and do business elsewhere, denying him the profits he would have made.

It's called "freedom of association".

penman53

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I totally agree with this. I have found myself being pretty forgetful about un gunning when I go into stores that post no guns especially since you are only guilty of trespassing so long as it is not a school, gov building, post office etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom