Pawnee Summer Run n' Gun Registration is Open

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick710

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's too bad there is not another one after July until January. Though I get it. Sounds like quite an undertaking.

Many women shoot it?

There are many Run n' Guns springing up all over. The "Man Day" Run n' Gun near Ames, OK was a couple weeks ago and there are several in Texas throughout the year.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are many Run n' Guns springing up all over. The "Man Day" Run n' Gun near Ames, OK was a couple weeks ago and there are several in Texas throughout the year.

I saw several in Texas popped up when I googled. I dunno about that Man Day thing. Lol It didn't sound like women were welcome to that thing.

I'm torn between these run and guns and 3-guns. I guess I could do the 3-guns in the area until the next Run and Gun and then give it a go. I looked around all over the website they have (the Oklahoma one in Pawnee) and it looks like a BLAST.

Nick710

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Man Day" is a put on by a Christian men's group. It's purpose is to raise funds for drilling water wells in Africa and using that as a vehicle to spread the gospel. It's great group of honorable men having fun doing "man" things and raising money for a good cause.

Run n' Guns using the carbine/rifle and the pistol are much more practical that your typical 3 gun match. It is not equipment dependent. Anybody with an AR15 and a good handgun can be competitive (assuming you're in decent shape).

The Pawnee event is one of the premier events in the country and run by solid fellows. It's a great test of your shooting skills and your conditioning.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, well, I don't want to be preached at and far as I can tell they wouldn't have me anyway cuz I'm the wrong sex so "Man Day" is out.

3 Guns seems like a good way to just have a fun day at the range while I'm waiting on a Run and Gun that's close to home. Far as I can tell, that in January when the folks at Pawnee have their next one.

Judging from the stages, I have some practicing to do. Not to mention some trail running. Thanks for the info.

You guys who do this WILL post pics and AARs, right?

Shodown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did the Man Day run and it was a blast. Unfortunately this is the same weekend as a 2 man team shoot in Texas I am considering. Decisions, decisions...

Latest posts

Top Bottom