Pawnee Winter Run N Gun - Get Ready!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the ideal of age classes maybe over 40 or over 50 maybe?

I would only be for this if the shooters over whatever arbitrary age limit is set, can elect to run the course vs. the younger shooters. In my opinion, the enemy doesn't give a crap what age I am, why should this exercise?

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe the older folks just want a better chance at prizes. I don't blame them if this is the case.

Give a prize the best best female performer too.
what about a prize for the best youth (under 18) ?

Maybe it's not about prizes but recognition.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would only be for this if the shooters over whatever arbitrary age limit is set, can elect to run the course vs. the younger shooters. In my opinion, the enemy doesn't give a crap what age I am, why should this exercise?

Aren't trophy's awarded after the match for order of finish?
What were the ages of the top finishers?

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aren't trophy's awarded after the match for order of finish?
What were the ages of the top finishers?

Let me check that and get back to you. I know the 10 k was won by Cory Couch and his brother won the 5k. second place in the 5k was taken by a guy in his 50s.

Better yet, you know more people than I do, check the scores at okrunngun. Im 46, basically walked the course to stay with another shooter, and placed 5th overall in the 5k, 2nd in shooting. Damn that 5th stage.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Maybe the older folks just want a better chance at prizes. I don't blame them if this is the case.

Give a prize the best best female performer too.
what about a prize for the best youth (under 18) ?

Maybe it's not about prizes but recognition.
Let's make an out of shape guy prize too...

In all seriousness I think I see the point that the guys running this and UMB are making. That being said while I am against participation trophies, I think recognition of female competitors and maybe seniors IF they want to be bracketed separate is not a bad idea.

As far as changes I would like to see next year, only real thing I could think of was maybe more obstacles? Even if that just means stack some hay bales or something I think that would be a fun addition, and a different test of your gear, and yourself. More of a strength test. Maybe some walls or something as well so you have to basically do a pullup in your gear to get over. Do the obstacles if you want, pass on them and get a time penalty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom