Pawnee Winter Run 'n Gun - Jan. 18, 2014 - Pawnee, OK - Sign up now!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
886128_217534388424379_1326246283_o.jpg

upload.wikimedia.org_wikipedia_commons_f_f0_Simo_hayha_honorary_rifle.jpg

WINTER IS COMING...
Are you prepared?

The 2014 Pawnee Winter Run 'n Gun is officially open for registration!

You may be a shooter... but how effective are you when you are mentally and physically exhausted, and challenged by the harsh environment of an Oklahoma winter? The Pawnee Winter Run 'n Gun is designed to help you answer that question. This event is a center fire biathlon combinging a roughly 6.5 mile run with six challenging shooting stations for rifle and pistol. It is designed to test both shooters and equipment, to promote physical fitness within the shooting community, and ultimately to make gun owners more effective defenders of life and liberty.

Lots of shooters like to talk about what firearms, gear, and accessories they will run if a 2A situation arises and they have to go take care of business. However, few have actually put their gear to the test in true field conditions. This event is the perfect place to find out whether your gear works as well as you think it does. If you don't have the gear to deploy your rifle, pistol, and ammo in the field, this event is the perfect excuse to get what you need.

This event is being organized by the same folks who brought you the Thunderbird Run 'n Gun last July.

Registration is $65, which includes a T-shirt and a hot frito chilli pie meal. Registration is limited to 70 participants, so sign up today.

For details on the event and to register, visit our website at www.okrunngun.com. I hope to see you there!

PMs regarding this event can be directed to myself or TedKennedy.

osupoke

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just signed up too; I'm pretty excited! My goals are to finish the course without walking, and to actually get the hits on each stage without timing out. My shooting goal might be a tall order for me, especially while sucking wind on longer shots. Gonna be fun anyway!

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, just to be clear, this event is open to all safe center fire rifles and all safe center fire pistols, just like the Thunderbird event. There was some talk of making this a mil surp run n gun, but we decided to leave it open at the request of several of y'all.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't care if your ammo attracts a magnet -- just please don't use any hardened steel/carbide core AP ammo like black tip. Mild steel penetrator rounds like M855/SS109 are fine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom